Skip to content

New Question

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

New Question

Postby Captain Quint » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:10 pm

Refer down to keep showing weak. I have a Hoyt Excel Riser with Black Max Wood Glass limbs 68".
Limbs are marked 35# on 17 inch riser.
Ok on a 23" riser they should be what less than 30# at my 30 inch draw or close to 30#.
1816 came out sideways nock left.
1916 came out sideways nock left.
2016 came out nock left but less that the others.
Arrows are 31".
I am very confused. 30# 2016 weak??????
Well the bow feels a little heaver.
So I tie two 20# bumbbells to the bow and lift. 40# come off the ground with the arrow at about 29".
So I am asking did I get a mis marked set of limbs which is OK now?
Or are the limb pocket angles on IFL bows different angles and would that be enough for the weight difference.
O by the way I love the bow. Just tryng to bare shaft tune and very confused.
The bow does shoot 2016 31" 125 points with feathers where I am locking. Thanks for the help everyone.
Captain Quint

Re: New Question

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:21 pm

It seems you've had way too much trouble with the spine issues. At least it looks like now we know what's up and you're on the road to recovery. ;) It would be nice to find a set of hanging scales and get a better idea of exactly what you're pulling.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Captain Quint » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Jim I know a fellow near me that has a 3d range and he has hanging scale. I plan on getting the bow to him to get a better measurement on the limbs. I really like the bow and it pulls very smooth. Thanks.
Captain Quint

Postby drtyrrel » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:12 am

Try adjusting your centershot out to see if it helps with the nock left. I had a Hoyt Matrix that I had to bring the plunger way out to get good arrow flight. Turned out that that the riser shims had to be adjusted to make the limbs line up straight. Eyeballing down the shaft,string and limbs it looked ok. Rob K put a long stabilizer on it and leaned it against the wall. It was obvious then.
drtyrrel

Postby Captain Quint » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:11 pm

Thanks dytyrrel the excell does not have riser shims.
Captain Quint

Postby drtyrrel » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:18 pm

Thanks dytyrrel the excell does not have riser shims.

I know it doesn't but the limbs could be out of alignment. If you use a plunger keep screwing it out 1/4 turn at a time and see if it helps. You can always put it back where it was if you count turns. Some times a 1/4 turn will make a big differance in arrow flight .
drtyrrel

Postby Captain Quint » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:28 pm

I screwed them way out and nothing. Or at least Nothing I could tell. I am alone in my area and just got into this at 57 years old and now at 59 I am still working on things. The IFL rig is new to me. I thought it would be easier but if these limbs are marked that far off I guess it has me confused, easy to do. But i love it just wish I could figure it out.
Captain Quint

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum