Skip to content

IFAA World Filed champs Germany

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

IFAA World Filed champs Germany

Postby Redbows apprentice » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:54 am

Well I survived World Field champs, it was hardest five days walking shooting ever, many shots over 30degree angle, many shooting styles from more formal target style to 3D\hunting style they all worked specially on some of the tricky angle shots :D

48 yard downhill.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/ ... ahn099.jpg
This is the View after we collected arrows and climbed out other side, shooting position to the left.

Ladies shooting 70y uphill, my Wife Katrin won for 3rd time setting new world record for Animal round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VI5cq-OJpo
Dana Chatoo USA team shooting tricky 48yarder from Castle wall (he came 5th) and one of my favorite shots of the tourney. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S32sT0ibvfs
Myself shooting 11y bunny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX4HqwN2q4U
6th Place Ular (2008 champ) and Christof 3rd place shooting tricky 30y shot, hard to shoot top face with rock face behind lol
Redbows apprentice

Re: IFAA World Filed champs Germany

Postby Borderbows » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:06 am

Just a quick of questions Steve...

Has the rules in IFAA changed...
on your second youtube Vid, there is a black defining line up the side of your sight window?

if so then we can adapt our Harrier to suit more IFAA rules... be nice to make a full gappers bow.

the heavy competition rules we have been complying with has been so that the whole window from shelf to limb tip are of uniform colour... no defining attributes. but we might not be as upto speed as you on these matters, so input would be fab...
Borderbows

Postby Redbows apprentice » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:31 am

Borderbows wrote:Just a quick of questions Steve...

Has the rules in IFAA changed...
on your second youtube Vid, there is a black defining line up the side of your sight window?

if so then we can adapt our Harrier to suit more IFAA rules... be nice to make a full gappers bow.

Last year at EFAC somebody complained that my bow wasn't taped up during the tourney so I did it this year (the tape is above my eyeline) I agree with you, it seemed to help to see that riser profile a little easier (except in dark areas). Every year it's different and seems something is ok one year and not the next. :(

The Finnish guy that won Longbow was Facewalking which is allowed but most Longbows don't want this the voting went 13 countries against Faewalking and 6 don't knows or no's they ruled it wasn't enough votes to change :o

I'm done with IFAA Longbow for a while and will switch to Recurve Bowhunter, I got a nice deal on W&W Pro-acent riser (200 Euros) and already have 48# Winex carbon\foam limbs. Mybe in a year or two I can afford some Border limbs but need to find my feet first in this division.

Great Job by Katrin with her trusty Border Longbow :mrgreen:
Redbows apprentice

Postby Borderbows » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:09 am

She sure knows how to shoot.

so do you for that matter...

you should come over and shoot our moving targets, we know gapping doesnt work for them :-)

We will give you a head start and make it a metric unmarked moving target :-D
Borderbows

Postby Redbows apprentice » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:53 am

Borderbows wrote:She sure knows how to shoot.

so do you for that matter...

you should come over and shoot our moving targets, we know gapping doesnt work for them :-)

We will give you a head start and make it a metric unmarked moving target :-D

Thanks, would love to come over again sometime but it's hard now to make such plans with two small babies 19 months and 3 months.

Moving targets no problem for me as I shoot mostly Split-vision, I find I can shoot everything from Marked rounds to moving 3D's. indoor rounds etc to a reasonable standard. I enjoy the marked field rounds but enjoy unmarked 3D a lot more. :mrgreen:

Seems he wants to take after Mum/Dad, with 5 world and 4 European titles between the two of us the Genes must be good :mrgreen:
Redbows apprentice

Postby superkodiak38 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Looks like a beautiful place for a tourney. Thanks for posting the videos, always interesting to see others form.

Forgot to add a congrats for your wife !
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Navan-James » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:27 am

Great video's Steve.

Good luck with the recurve.

Regards, James.
Navan-James

Postby Foamkiller » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Damn gap shooters ruin everything! ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :roll: :roll: :roll:
Foamkiller

Postby Redbows apprentice » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:14 pm

Foamkiller wrote:Damn gap shooters ruin everything! ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQs02QU0 ... re=channel
A nice video of tourney from Spanish guy.

Funny you say that...........

The 3 Germans that got into the top 10 and one into 3rd place all knew the courses (3 perm courses and two newly built) and used high poundage Longbows (60-70#) and more of a Bowhunting style which worked pretty well for them on that tough up/down terrain.

The Finnish guy that won, Jarkko (a student of mine) was Facewalking, the removal of fixed anchor from IFAA rules opened facewalking up and proved VERY effective for Jarkko, a campaign by most of the Longbows to make it fixed anchor has been going on for a couple of years, this year the voting went 13 to change it back to fixed anchor and 6 said no or dont know, the IFAA exec said it wasn't enough votes to change the rule back, I understand this wording was accidently left out when they reprinted the rule book but somehow needs to be voted back in, it all stinks :x

According to the IFAA rules Jarrko won fair and square but was obvious to me he didn't make any friends, his aiming method was very slow and distracted many of the other archers, nobody wanted to shoot with him and I had to (rules say 1st and 2nd shooter shouldn't pair up), I've shot with him before so I'm a little used to his ways I'm able to shut it out and doesn't distract me as much, looking at video footage it took the average archer ther around 90 secs to shoot their four arrows, it took the same time for Jarkko to shoot one arrow.

Likely others will now follow him and start facewalk, I've decided to switch to Recurve Bowhunter in IFAA Field becuase I'm so disappointed at IFAA's failures, I'll maybe just shoot Longbow for Fita 3D and IBO if I ever get the time to come over.

cant figure in this pic if I was getting in the zone or just fell asleep waiting for Jarkko to shot his arrow lol. In Field you shoot two at a time but it's polite to take it in turns to shoot arrows as not to distract the other shooter, you cant move to next stake till both have shot.
Redbows apprentice

Postby BEN MAHER » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:31 am

Cool post Steve ... the facewalking aspect is a bit disappointing . What a great place to shoot a tourney ! Thanks for posting.
BEN MAHER

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum