Skip to content

How I came to meet Len Cardinale

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: How I came to meet Len Cardinale

Postby stealth » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Sitting around Antelope camp one night with Judd Cooney and Jim Dougherty, Len's name came up. They both had nothing but high praise for Lenny. Judd stated..."Any animal that Lenny points his bow at is dead....one helluva shot."
Doesn't take much to make me happy....Bombay Saphire Gin, limes, Sprite to mix it with and a slutty broad on my lap....
stealth

Postby southpawshooter » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:10 am

I met Lenny when he owned Butts and Bows in Belleville NJ. Real down to earth kinda guy.
>>>-----> Scott Frost
southpawshooter

Postby trad_in_cali » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:46 pm

Is Cardinale still teaching? Any books/videos?
Thank you much,
Marco
trad_in_cali

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:04 pm

He is definitely still teaching. There are a couple of Master Coach series videos he hosts that you can get from Lancaster Archery Supply, though they run about $30 each.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Postby twotoekenn » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:13 pm

i've been out of shooting for a few years and have taken it up again recently. i was never robin hood, but was ok. now i'm all over the place. have been practicing alot and getting better but feel like i need something. i've seen in a few posts "bale and bridge", what does that mean?
twotoekenn

Postby Allen » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:44 am

twotoekenn wrote:i've been out of shooting for a few years and have taken it up again recently. i was never robin hood, but was ok. now i'm all over the place. have been practicing alot and getting better but feel like i need something. i've seen in a few posts "bale and bridge", what does that mean?

Bale - get close ( 3' to 6') to a bale with no target. Don't give any thought to where your arrows land, exept to keep them on the bale. Focus your mind on one part of your form for each arrow. Keep baling until you are doing everything the same on each arrow.

Bridge - taking what you learned on the bale to the target. Start close with a large target - at least 24". The entire 24" target is the bullseye. Any arrow that hits it is good for accuracy (at least for now) Gradually work back to distance in 2 to 3 yard increments. Shoot 3 to 4 days at each distance. Gradually reduce the size of the target. If you shoot a single arrow that is less than the form that you learned on the bale, go back to the bale and start over. A rule of thumb is 3 days and at least 100 arrows on the bale to "punish" yourself for a bad arrow.

One thing that bedevils me on the bridge is that often I decide that what I learned on the bale is not what I want to keep as part of my shot. I go back to the bale to change that part of my form and start the bridge again.

This is taking a while but I can see some very good results already. Most don't have the patience or discipline to do this. They want to shoot at targets right away. I tried that for quite a few years with poor results.

This is just a brief thumbnail description of the bale & bridge. There is quite a bit more to it. A visit to Len is the best way to get started on it.

Allen
Allen

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum