Skip to content

It happens to everybody

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: It happens to everybody

Postby Frank Addington » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:21 pm

The mental game beats more people than opponents. I've seen world class shooters get beat when their mental game is off. You can have the most experience, the best equipment, and YOU should win--- but if your mental game is off track an average shooter can beat you. We had local shooters here in this area that could pound bullseyes in their backyard or at an indoor range for fun. But let a tournament whistle blow and "the equipment went down", etc. I know several people that seemed to always have an excuse like that.

Can anyone think of a professional athelete who's mental game may be off right now? A golfer for instance? Someone that should be winning and yet their game isn't quite what it should be?

The mind drives the bow, at the end of the day. It seems to be the place few people practice and properly train and yet that is what wins tournaments and allows you to skip buck fever and take that trophy. Say what you will about NLP, but it works.
Frank Addington

Postby topcamp » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:03 pm

A golfer for instance? Someone that should be winning and yet their game isn't quite what it should be?

but ..........in that case.......... the location of the brain driving that golfer is not being fed what it needs to win ........................ :roll:
the more we know about the " how " and the " why " of..........the less we see and notice about the " now " of the " when "...
_tc...on the inflation of life

on that day.......you wake up and never more what was .......will ever be again.
_tc on growing old
topcamp

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:53 pm

topcamp wrote:
[b]
but ..........in that case.......... the location of the brain driving that golfer is not being fed what it needs to win ........................ :roll:

The price of the food for that brain seems to have jumped up radically, at least in his case.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Postby tjay » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:17 pm

I was there. Rick was happily hauling his entire family around with him. I have done the same and the practice does nock a few points off your game.
tjay

Postby brinkwolf » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:59 pm

Well I'm no tounery shooter and right now not even hunting(just a back yard poker)and I have that same neck problem and throw in a back to go with it(wreck from a few years ago). I have never met Rick but have seen his videos and have one of his dvds. I have alot of respect for what he does and hope he gets around this problem for the next shoot.
brinkwolf

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum