Skip to content

Early Morning Shoot....

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Early Morning Shoot....

Postby SteveMcD » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:04 am

Shooting at 7 AM yesterday morning. Not exactly going to win any IBO awards, but not too Shabby. All shots were 20 to 25 yards. Hot one yesterday well into the high 90's and just as humid! Heck, my glasses were constantly steaming up at 7 AM!!!

Yes, for you HH affectionatoes... that is a Howard Hill Halfbreed - custom made for me by Craig Ekin. Bamboo core with extra lam of Bamboo, Yew on the back and belly. Sterling Silver running deer inlay, Named under Glass - "Autumn's Whisper. Pulls #52 @ 28

Intersting how when I adjusted the brace height a bit I got the better group below the 3 higher hit arrows.

You guys know the drill we all do it. Had to take "just one more shot" to see if we're still on. (And if I pulled it.. I could have been there another half hour!!!) LOL!
"Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle, and rub their hands and say, "Look, brothers. An archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!".

Re: Early Morning Shoot....

Postby Curve1 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:55 pm

Ben hot down here too Steve. Those type longbows are the most forgiving .IMO.
Looks like you're doing good though.

Re: Early Morning Shoot....

Postby BEN MAHER » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:27 am

Steve.. that is fine shooting mate ! If i was grouping with my Halfbreed at 25 I'd be a happy fella ...!
Love that inlay on the bow too !

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum