Skip to content

click it, n stick it

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

click it, n stick it

Postby trapperDave » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:01 pm

finally got around to puttin my clicker on the voodoo. Its amazing what a consistant anchor can do for accuracy. After getting it set for 28", I fired off this 3 arrow group and two more just like it. Not wanting to spoil a good moment, I then called it quits for the day ;) I'm sure tomorrow after the new toy syndrome wears off I'll go back to shootin like me...but until then......................... :mrgreen:

It's not funny until someone gets hurt.......then it's hilarious
trapperDave

Re: click it, n stick it

Postby Yohon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:42 pm

;)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Frank Addington » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:45 pm

Lets see the whole bow!

Great group... congrats
Frank Addington

Postby trapperDave » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:11 am

Ive made it past the new toy syndrome, and still shootin nocks off :D

maybe its time to step back to three yards :lol: j/k

Im only shootin 10yds till I get this clicker ingrained in my head a bit better. Ive had it for a couple years but never really spent the time on it I should have, so now its there to stay. Im gonna beat this damn short drawing habit Ive acquired if it takes the rest of my life :x :D
It's not funny until someone gets hurt.......then it's hilarious
trapperDave

Postby marc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:00 am

Nice shooting. I am going to see if I can function this afternoon without my clicker. Some buddies want me to go shoot our state championship and a guy won it a few years ago shooting a clicker so they are no longer allowed, along with elevated rests!
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Postby Yohon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:35 am

" a guy won it a few years ago shooting a clicker so they are no longer allowed, along with elevated rests!" WTF is the reason behind that????? Id love to take some of these guys deciding that a clicker is "cheating" or "makes it too easy" have em put one on their bow and say "here now lets go out and shoot and you tell me how frickin easy this is" :evil:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby marc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:42 am

Yohon wrote:" a guy won it a few years ago shooting a clicker so they are no longer allowed, along with elevated rests!" WTF is the reason behind that????? Id love to take some of these guys deciding that a clicker is "cheating" or "makes it too easy" have em put one on their bow and say "here now lets go out and shoot and you tell me how frickin easy this is" :evil:

Trust me I know. First they made it so you had to touch the nock to keep Scott Anzack from winning every year but then one of his buddies that gap shoots with an ILF barebow rig won. There was talk of banning metal risers too! I don't even want to go but it will be a good time hanging out with Lamont and the boys.
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
marc

Postby Yohon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:43 am

yeah heaven forbid we try and work harder and smarter and try an elevate our game to Scotts level......no lets bring everyone down to make it "fair".....just like everything else nowadays :roll:

Good luck Marc, hangin out with buddy's is the best part anyway.......is there going to be any beer there for you ;)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby marc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Yohon wrote:is there going to be any beer there for you ;)

Of Course :twisted: I will probably be so hung over on Saturday I won't be able to see the targets anyway.

A few weeks ago at Horicon I was still drunk when I woke up Saturday!!! that was a rough one!
marc

Postby BK in TEXAS » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:13 pm

marc wrote:Nice shooting. I am going to see if I can function this afternoon without my clicker. Some buddies want me to go shoot our state championship and a guy won it a few years ago shooting a clicker so they are no longer allowed, along with elevated rests!

Do you want me to stand behind you and go "click" :P
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum