Skip to content

Feral D I think I like

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Feral D I think I like

Postby cst » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:04 pm

This place better. Thanks. Thanks for the Firefly too. That thing rocks. I only got to shoot it a little bit tonight after I got home. It got too dark to see the arrow and I think my neighbor stole my 500w light (I shouldn't be shooting in the backyard anyway. Kayaks and things) and I shot it with the wrong string and zero tuning. I am not sure I am going to change anything though. I put a nap flipper centerrest thing on there and had a monstrous brace height somewhere around nine inches and had perfect flight. I was just about pointing and hitting 2' groups at 20yards. I LIKE IT A LOT! I want to try it with the right string length and a lower brace height and maybe a Gerep rest. If I can find my chair buttons I am set. It is a toss up between that and the Sheep and the Hawk as to which bow I shoot the best. I have the TT longbow limbs on it and so far so good.
cst

Re: Feral D I think I like

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:47 pm

60-60.5" string is what you'll need for that. I'm glad you like it! Pete, the artist formerly known as Atlantis, has one on it's way too. And that's all of them. 10 units are in the field other than mine. :D
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby PAarcher » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:59 pm

At least one of them should get bloody soon!
PAarcher

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:08 pm

I agree. The odds are pretty good.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

I think I am gonna have to buy some new

Postby cst » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:27 pm

I think I am gonna have to buy some new arrows and nocks Image
My neighbor did NOT get my worklight. It was hiding behind my lawnmower. I should cut the grass. So, I made a string and put some cat wiskers on and went out back for some tuning. I started at 7" and took it up to just under 8. I shot five five shot groups and on group 2 and 5 I heard this cracking noise. Well, it was getting pretty close to ten oclock so I decided I should pack it in. I dig the new grip. A bunch. Maybe two. I also like Trad Tech's new version longbow limbs. I think I am gonna leave em on the Firefly for a while. Hopefully it will be bloody tomorrow evening. I'm going squirrel hunting. Maybe I will find that doe again. And shoot her.
cst

Postby PAarcher » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:01 am

Nice shooting Chris! Go kill something. I have to wait until next Monday.
PAarcher

Postby Feral Donkey » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:17 pm

Yeah, man! Nice shooting!
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery