Skip to content

PAArcher is in love...

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

PAArcher is in love...

Postby Cutty » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:11 am

A little birdy, okay it was a big birdy, told me Mike has a new set of Carbon extremes he's in love with. I want to see a pic of them on the Firefly. Black on black with carbon weave must look sweet.
Fettucini, Linguine, Martini, Bikini...
Cutty

Re: PAArcher is in love...

Postby PAarcher » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:59 pm

There's some more in the Firefly tuning thread in the Shooters Forum.
PAarcher

Postby Gino Bruno » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:55 pm

great looking set up mike! i think i am going to get a set of the extremes as well! they are my favorite ILF limb by far! i'll be getting the duracoat on my firefly either tomorrow or monday........... i can't wait to start shooting it! i may be heading back up to alaska in november for caribou and may just have to take the firefly with me.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Feral Donkey » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:45 pm

I hope you do!! Pictures too!! I should offer a price insentive for people to kill stuf with bows I make.

Gino, there's a Firefly tuning thread in the shooter's forum where we figured out a few things with what it likes and dislikes. That'll give you some clues so you don't waste so much time stabbing in the dark as I have.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Lee Vivian » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:31 pm

Big birdy here!

I thought he'd let me shoot the firefly, but he kept on launching arrow after arrow, then put on his "noisy string" and shot more, then we had to chrono it.....

Man, I've never had to work so long and hard for a sale!

Seriously, I'm glad you like the limbs, it was great seeing you and meeting your family! I want dead animal pictures when you get them.

Lee
Too many freaks, not enough circuses....
Lee Vivian

Postby Cutty » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:33 pm

Lee, between Gino, Mike, and me, I'll bet we've probably shot just about every regularly available ILF limb out there...no Green Horns, or Borders for me yet...but I've said the Tradtech Extreme's were my favorite, Gino has now said it as well, and Mike put his money where his mouth is. And they're great looking limbs too.
Fettucini, Linguine, Martini, Bikini...
Cutty

Postby PAarcher » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:43 am

Well, now I feel bad! You were welcome to shoot it Lee! I'll just have to come back. The wife saw a pair of pants that she wants so that should give me an excuse! (as if I needed one!)

The Winex limbs are still one of my favorites. They have a slightly different feel than the Extremes that I don't know how to describe. That being said though, these are the nicest limbs I have ever shot. And they look awesome on the Firefly. I love that carbon weave look. I wish I could get a better overall picture of the whole bow but the detail is lost in all the pics I've tried to take.

I really want to hunt with it but I'm having some issues at the moment. Nothing major mind you, just simple tuning stuff and no time to fix it. I really want to skewer something with the SSTs and the Treesharks. They fly dead perfect from the Quinn. No so with the Firefly. They show weak spine and are not even remotely forgiving. I can't get the screw out of the springy rest to swap springs and fine tune depth. I may have to go back to off the shelf with a plunger or a GEREP rest. My Arrow Dynamics Trad LItes with 125gr tips fly beautifully and are moving along at a pretty good clip. (I'd guess about 195fps- they chronoed at 191 with the limbs backed out a full turn from where they are now and an 8" brace height. I'm at 7.5" now) I have some Razorsharks I could use so I may end up going that route. I need to bump the nock height up though. They shoot high!

I intend to iron out these issues on Monday and be in my spot Monday evening. I spent yesterday trimming all the excess stuff out of the ghilli suit to get rid of string contact and now have that in pretty good shape. It's a lot different shooting with that thing on though so hopefully I can keep it together in the field. I'd really like to take at least 1 off the ground.
PAarcher

Postby Lee Vivian » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:55 am

Just kidding, man! Please come on down! Was she looking at the Realtree Girl camo? I considered that for hunting this year, but couldn't drop enough weight to make the mini skirt work for me! :o

Glad everyone likes the limbs!

Lee
Too many freaks, not enough circuses....
Lee Vivian

Postby Feral Donkey » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:41 am

Yeah Lee, if you wear it without underpants you can tell people it's a kilt.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery