Skip to content

Christmas bows ****** DRAWING RESULTS******

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Christmas bows ****** DRAWING RESULTS******

Postby Gino Bruno » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:01 pm

i am going to be late on delivery on these bows. i wanted them to look like brandon stahl's new wildcat 2 but use the belly mounted limb bolts similar to what morrison does and the way i did the two this past spring. that meant that i had to redesign my entire riser and set the wedges up so that i could get my limbs to work properly off of the new, much steeper, limb pad angles.......

long story short, i wasted almost 4 weeks prototyping and went through 5 risers, 3 different wedge shapes, 4 sets of limbs and had to built 3 different forms........ after all was said and done, i scrapped the idea and decided to adapt the entire idea to my recurve design..... if i had just done this in the first place, the bows would already be at the new owners houses. :cry:

i ended up drawing (joann actually drew the name) one person for the christmas bows. however, i ended up picking another person that i have been wanting to build a bow for, for a long time. i also got a call from this person's mom this past spring asking if i would sell her a bow for him for christmas. i had told her that i don't sell bows and that i had already intended on building him one anyway, so that kind of solidified me deciding to build the bow for him instead of drawing 2 names out of the hat.

here is the bad part for me...... i have heard the guy that drew is a pretty dang good shot. the guy that i just built one for is a builder himself........ that means i am going to get scrutinized both on if there is any shootability to be found in my bows and how well they are put together....... i don't know how much i like that :oops: :o

both bows are 60" recurves and will come with 2 sets of limbs each..... a light set for target work and a heavier set for hunting.

sooooooo......

yohon, you won the drawing and are getting the bow with the gaboon ebony and cocobolo riser.

TJ i have been wanting to build you a bow for a while and the wenge and bolivian rosewood riser is yours.

i'll post pics as soon as they are finished (which they are very close now) but since nobody can see them, i'll describe them.
yohon's bow is cocobolo footed with jet black gaboon ebony and TJ's is incredibly figured bolivian rosewood footed with just as wildly figured wenge. TJ, when i saw this piece of wenge and bolivian, i thought of you and bought it back in the summer since i already knew i was building you a bow :D ( you can see the lumber in this thread....... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4846 )

this pic of the metal riser bow i built will show the splice pattern for the veneers in your limbs. limbs on both bows use spliced veneers of wildly figured bolivian rosewood and wenge...... where the zebrawood is in the pic, it is replaced with wenge and where the leopardwood is in the pic, it is replaced with cathedral grain bolivian rosewood.

your bows will be arriving very soon and are in the final stages......... btw TJ, your bubinga veneers have been ground for as long as i have been working on these bows and will be in the same package ;) .

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Re: Christmas bows (drawing results)

Postby bentbow58 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:19 pm

awsome bows gino you the MAN! Yeah yohon is crack shot and i know he will love the bow.if he shoots your bow better than he does his others i aint shootin with him anymore.
keith
Hell must be empty cuz all the devils is here!
brothers of the bale
bentbow58

Re: Christmas bows ****** DRAWING RESULTS******

Postby Ranger » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Awesome gesture Gino!!!!! Beautiful work!
'Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.'
Ranger

Postby Howattman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:25 pm

Congrats to TJ and Yohon!!!! (and to Gino for being one of the "good" pirates!!)
Resident Howattologist
Pirate Poet Laureate/Hardcore Defective

"Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair or f**king beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man—and give some back.”

Howattman

Postby jipp » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:30 pm

congrads :) you make one heck of a bow Gino..

chris.

P.S

TJ you remind me of my self at your age.. you do your generation good.
Last edited by jipp on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
jipp

Postby Spider 1 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:31 pm

Smokin bows guys! Congrats and Merry Christmas to all!!!!
like twenty serpents bound together, hissed the flying arrows feather.
Spider 1

Postby Yohon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:42 pm

WHOS YOUR DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE give Joanne some big hugs and smooches for drawing my name.When I bring that bow out there to go elk hunting, I am gonna buy her the best meal in Spokane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again and again and again brother Gino ;)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:05 pm

Happy Birthday, Yohon!!! No shit, eh?!! :lol:
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:11 pm

No way!!!!!! Gino you're the man, what a christmas present that'll be! Woohoo

Oh great now I have no excuse not to work on my form more ill have a light bow now. Haha

Thanks a million gino, merry christmas to you joanne and the boys lol.
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby marc » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:17 pm

Congrats to Yohon and TJ.

Well done Gino.
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery