[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - 23" White Feather Lark ILF Riser

Skip to content

23" White Feather Lark ILF Riser

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

23" White Feather Lark ILF Riser

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:25 am

Well…. I finally received my 23” left-hand White Feather Lark riser. I must say, I’m quite pleasantly surprised by the fit and finish of it. I would say it’s certainly better than I expected.

Out of the box, there were two adjustment allen wrenches and it was packaged in a riser sleeve. The riser weighs 2.2#’s on my digital scale.

Riser and sleeve.jpg
Riser and sleeve.jpg (431.47 KiB) Viewed 387 times

WFL share.jpg
WFL share.jpg (247.85 KiB) Viewed 387 times

I put a set 30# long Uukha Ex1 Evo2 limbs on it. On my 25” Hoyt Matrix riser, these limbs weigh 30.4#'s at 28" set at mid-range. On the 23" WFL riser they weigh 32.6#’s at 28" at mid-range. That's what I'd expect and was glad to see it as I have read reports of the WFL weighing a bit heavier than expected.

As a perspective, I took a picture of it beside my 25” Hoyt Matrix and 21" Hoyt Satori risers.

Matrix, WFL, Satori perspective.jpg
Matrix, WFL, Satori perspective.jpg (296.21 KiB) Viewed 387 times

The grip feels “pretty" good so far, but that's not an issue. If need be, there's always the drum sander, rasp and file.

I made a shelf bump and side plate, nocked an arrow and was disappointed to see the arrow sitting further outside the center line of the bow than I like. That shouldn’t present much of a problem as I can always use a bit weaker arrow if need be. If the riser suits me, I’ll drill it and add a stabilizer bushing in a day or two.

So far; so good.

Tracking says my RH 23” riser will be here within the week.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"

"Form is everything."
Jim Casto Jr

Re: 23" White Feather Lark ILF Riser

Postby Keener » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:58 pm

That is nice looking riser.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!
Keener

Postby Yohon » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:25 pm

Those risers seem to be very Black Magic like in appearance, minus of course the light colored wood at the grip??????
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby PAarcher » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:39 pm

That's a very nice looking riser.
PAarcher

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery