[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - Miss the old days here

Skip to content

Miss the old days here

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Re: Miss the old days here

Postby Daniel Banting » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:23 am

I have come within a hairsbreadth ( colour of your choice ) of buying any one of several ex police BMW RT models. I liked everthing about them and the way they were accessorized. I didn't pull the trigger on any of them as I could not quite get over the fact they looked like they were out of the orignal Star Wars movie! Everyone was white. dgb
Daniel Banting

Postby jeffhalfrack » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:17 pm

Dan you have great taste in bikes!! I love the bmw ,,,,had a slash 5 and a slash 6 , had an '84 Paris to dekar copy I should have never sold!! ,,,I still have my scorpa easy I love two stroke trials bikes with rotax engines,,,,,you worked hard for this fun time enjoy ,,,send pictures jeffw
jeffhalfrack

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:12 pm

Dan, what's the population density like over there? Is it pretty desolate?

Feral Donkey

Postby Keener » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:18 pm

Those white bikes are the Storm Trooper Edition. They're the safest bikes on the road, too.
Guaranteed not to hit anything!
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!
Keener

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:31 pm

Speaking of bikes, I got to party with some old timers this weekend. The Norton and Vincent clubs from Chicago had a gathering at my friend's house about 6 miles from my house. Never seen that many Vincents in one place.

Arron motorcycle pic.jpg
Arron motorcycle pic.jpg (151.77 KiB) Viewed 363 times

Feral Donkey

Postby PAarcher » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:56 pm

Drool!!!!!!
PAarcher

Postby Daniel Banting » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:44 pm

What an epic event that must have been. I would not have slept for however long it had gone on. I guess that would make it not so much different than Baltimore, just with bikes instead of bows!

Aaron, yeah New Brunswick is pretty sparsly populated. The whole province is about the same size of Maine, our neighbour to the south. The population of NB is just under 750,000. The largest city is Moncton which has a population of 140,000 followed by Fredericton at 120,000. I live about 30 miles south of Miramichi ( think Atlantic Salmon ) it is the fifth largest and has 17,000 but really has to stretch the city limit bounderies to get that. One of the great things about living here is that every one of those 750,000 people that I have met have been the greatest. One of the benefit I guess of having a culture that is not influenced by a Rat Race nucleus.
Daniel Banting

Postby Daniel Banting » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:53 pm

Jeff:

You got rid of a 84 Paris Dakar????

I hope you take this in the manner of which it is meant....................your a Dork! :D

I'm off to pick up my new Suzuki 4 wheeler later this week. I've never been a fan of "Wheelers" but we have more ATV trails and logging roads in this province than there are paved. I would think it is pretty close to a multiple of 10. My plan is to have a overhead canoe rack made for it so i can get back into some of our virtually unfished speck lakes. And mentioning fishing, I have caught my first true "Chain Pickerel" here in NB. They are a fish that look very much like a hammer handle Northern Pike but with much more dramatic markings. Matter of fact the first one I caught I looked at it and my first thought was, "that is where L.L. Bean got the idea for the tread pattern on his Maine Hunting Boots. As a kid I used to read all of the stories written about fishing in N. E. United States fishing for Pickerel in Maine, NH and Vermont and they had always seemed somehow exotic. Now I have lots in my back yard. I'll take some pics next time I'm out.

Best, Dan
Daniel Banting

Postby Daniel Banting » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:19 pm

Aaron: The coin just dropped as I was commenting on another thread!

You said. "It's time to make POA great again". Donald Trump, right?

I'm a Canuck what can I say, it takes me a while.

Thanks for getting me access to the site again.
Daniel Banting

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:10 pm

Yeah, nothing against or for Trump, it's his abrasive manners that are very...... us. :lol:

Feral Donkey

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery