[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - Miss the old days here

Skip to content

Miss the old days here

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Re: Miss the old days here

Postby Stykshooter » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:56 pm

Dang Dan... good to see you posting! I just saw where you had re-uppped with the P.B.S. as well.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Daniel Banting » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:16 pm

P1030468.jpg
As I mentioned there are six of these between where I live and town. I don't see Moose every day but I do see tracks.
P1030468.jpg (222.87 KiB) Viewed 409 times
Daniel Banting

Postby Daniel Banting » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:25 pm

P1030426.jpg
P1030426.jpg (250.28 KiB) Viewed 409 times
There are only about 75,000 Whitetails in the whole province with most concentrated in the south. As mentioned lots of Moose but only a 5 days season with tags on a draw basis, with an average 10 year wait. But, get this in areas with the highest density of Moose success rates are 95% with an average across the province of about 70. ( Rifle, Bow, Muzzle all the same season).
Daniel Banting

Postby jeffhalfrack » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:02 pm

Nice ,,how about a little about the bike ,,,Bmw? Jeffw
jeffhalfrack

Postby PAarcher » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:39 pm

Looks like a beautiful place to live!! Let's see some more bike pics.
PAarcher

Postby Daniel Banting » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:14 pm

Yeah, I'm loving it here. More every day. Prior to moving here in February 19 I had not really stepped foot in the province other than an exporatory ride on a bike in June 18. I had a pretty good "get off" during that trip about 40 Kilometers back in the bush resulting in a busted ankle and a messed up bike. The effort that people whom I had never met before went to get me into town and my bike put back together made me realize I could live in a place that featured people like that.

As I meet and get to know more people, find hunting and fishing spots and get a more intimate awareness of where I live, it gets better each day.

For those who have an interest in my bikes, I'll try and submit some photos. I'm still rather awkward in trying to get them to a size that is acceptable. The first photo with the Moose signs is my BMW GS 1150. It's a real road camel. When I busted my foot I had some real trouble getting on and off the bike. As a result my ride back to Ontario was a bit of a challenge but I made it in 17 hours only stopping for gas. It was the first time I have ever used the pay at the pump option. I don't think I could have made it on many other bikes. The photo attached to this is of my BMW K1200, another awesome road machine, if I had been on this I would have made it home "quicker" but on the other hand would not have been on a backwoods road in the first place. db
Attachments
P1020884.jpg
P1020884.jpg (230.44 KiB) Viewed 403 times
Daniel Banting

Postby Daniel Banting » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:34 pm

One of the benefits of being a bachelor with all the kids grown and with good productive jobs is that any disposable income can go towards whatever your hearts desire. One of mine is bikes.

I do have a penchant for older BMW but doubt if I would by one made in the last decade.

This bike is a R1150R and is one of the sweetest bikes to ride that I have ever owned. Simple as dirt and stone reliable.
Attachments
P1020845.jpg
P1020845.jpg (220.67 KiB) Viewed 403 times
Daniel Banting

Postby Daniel Banting » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:01 am

It is not my intention to fill up band width with non archery/bowhunting related stuff but I am trying to increase activity on the site with the hope that it will re-susitate itself. I do use my bikes for scouting if that counts as bow related.

The attahced pic is of my KTM 690. To my way of thinking one of the very best long range enduro bikes ever made. I bought it from a fellow who had prept it for an around the world trip back in 2009. The plan was for him and 4 buddies to buy KTM 690s and ride as a group. As it turns out 2 died from heart attacks and 2 got divorced, so this bike got put on the auction block and I added it to what was becoming a herd of bikes!

Too bad this old fart with arthritic wrists can't ride it nearly to it's potential now! I tried to keep up with my 35 year old very athletic Son when we went on a backwoods tour of Quebec two years ago. We road nearly 1,000 Kms in 2 1/2 days and it took me a week to recover
Attachments
P1020836.jpg
P1020836.jpg (197.25 KiB) Viewed 396 times
P1020833.jpg
P1020833.jpg (242.73 KiB) Viewed 396 times
Daniel Banting

Postby Daniel Banting » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:12 am

After riding with my Son I began to appreciate my limitations as a hard enduro rider and that aging brings with it a whole new set of rules of engagement. So, I bought a trials bike, thinking nothing can be more sedate than a 250 cc bike that has trouble doing 40 miles per hour.

Then I watched a couple of film clips featuring "Tony Bou". Even if you are not a bike enthusiast, I suggest you watch him in a utube clip. He is magical! Poetry on two wheels.

After having watched him perform I came to realize, I''m just a poser!
Attachments
IMG_0502.JPG
IMG_0502.JPG (175.1 KiB) Viewed 396 times
Daniel Banting

Postby PAarcher » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:54 am

Awesome taste in bikes!!
I rode an R1150 Police bike for many years. There was no comparison with the Harley’s we had. More comfortable, smoother, faster, more maneuverable and just way less tiring.
I still regret not buying that bike from the Township when they sold it.
PAarcher

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery