[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - Might be the prettiest bow Ive ever owned...

Skip to content

Might be the prettiest bow Ive ever owned...

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Might be the prettiest bow Ive ever owned...

Postby Stykshooter » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:17 pm

I ordered one of the Bear '59 Kodiaks back in the early spring, and have been waiting and waiting for it to show up. Well, it finally arrived today. I have been interested in these bows since they re-introduced them but didn't really care for the purple heart "I" beam. When they brought out the maple "I" beam last year I thought it completely changed the looks of this bow and decided that I needed one. I opened the box today and discovered one of the prettiest bows I have ever seen. This thing is flawless as well as gorgeous. I'll probably redo the leather grip but other than that, nothing negative to comment on. The woods in the riser are stunning. Over the years I have probably order or owned 30 plus different custom bows as well as a truck load of Bears, TradTech, etc. This one is probably the prettiest I have ever possessed.

Its definitely no slouch in the shooting department either. I set it up and was shooting some 65-70 Surewoods off of it with 160 grain points and it really tosses them. I cant get over the narrow limbs and tiny little limb tips! It is 53 pounds at my draw length and I would like it to be 4-5 pounds heavier but I think this one will do. I fully expect it to find its way into the starting line up this bow season.

Cell phone photos don't do it justice...

59a.JPG
59a.JPG (170.05 KiB) Viewed 1843 times

59e.JPG
59e.JPG (158.21 KiB) Viewed 1843 times

59i.JPG
59i.JPG (181.48 KiB) Viewed 1843 times

59d.JPG
59d.JPG (162.82 KiB) Viewed 1843 times

59g.JPG
59g.JPG (179.87 KiB) Viewed 1843 times
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Re: Might be the prettiest bow Ive ever owned...

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:46 am

Nice. I've shot a couple of those and they're probably as good as it gets. Just as soon as they make it in a 64" model, I'll have one. :)
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"

"Form is everything."
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Tom in San Diego » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:52 pm

Sure is a nice looking bow. I like that riser wood. Enjoy
Tom in San Diego

Postby PAarcher » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:11 pm

I looked at those at ETAR. They are beautiful bows.
PAarcher

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:44 pm

Damn, that is one fine looking bow. Have fun with it.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Postby superkodiak38 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:49 am

Nice ! That's a beautiful bow for sure ;)
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Stykshooter » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:06 am

Thanks.... yeah, it is a pretty little bow. Looks even better all dressed for battle. I had a Thunderhorn mini Boa that was an orange color that matches the glass great. The arrows I made up for it I stained to match as well. The Snuffer.... well, they have a mind of their own!

59j.JPG
59j.JPG (220.01 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Yohon » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:00 pm

AWESOME!!! Mine is all dressed for the woods sitting right next to the Titan if that tells ya anything!!! I agree Jim if they made em in 64" long that be even sweeter but mine flat out shoots.....Looking for a maple one my self right now.
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Stykshooter » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:51 pm

After playing with the '59's for a year, and adding a couple to the stable, I think they are probably the most "shootable" and forgiving bows that I personally have shot. I carried that original 50 pound one through three states last year and killed 1/2 dozen or so deer with it. Since then I have added a 45 pound one with purple heart sight window and a 55 pound one in satin finish with a maple sight window.
Stykshooter

Postby PAarcher » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:04 pm

45#? That's a little on the light side for you.
PAarcher

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery