Skip to content

Photobucket is now charging

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Photobucket is now charging

Postby jwillis » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:12 am

I got a message from Photobucket yesterday saying that they no longer provide "3rd Party Hosting" for free. So, now all of my build alongs and photos posted here at the POA forum are not visible unless I pay the $400 per year Photobucket ransom. --Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Re: Photobucket is now charging

Postby superkodiak38 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:25 am

Yeah, they suck ass...but... If you got to your library and look at the right side of the page there is a download option, it will redirect you to another page where a captcha will load and once you check the block that proves you are not a robot it will let you download all your photos into a compressed file, open that and save it on your computer or drive and you have all your pictures. Videos and gifs have to be down loaded one at a time unfortunate but you can rescue your files and host them on imugur or another site
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:04 am

There's been photo's lost on all the forums I visit. It's a shame they didn't make it from a day-certain, forward and retain all those old pictures.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby MOUNTER » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:31 am

photobucket blows big baggy buffalo balls....

luckily I already have most of my photo's backed up... Hate to see how long it would take to re- download all of them.
MOUNTER

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery