Skip to content

Another one bites the dust......

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Re: Another one bites the dust......

Postby PAarcher » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:36 am

What's your brace height with that rig Tim?
PAarcher

Postby superkodiak38 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:40 pm

Mike, I'm sorry you couldn't make it down too, went to "Funcks" for a late lunch, it was pretty good, lots beer choices too bad I had a 3 hour drive ahead of me. As far as the brace height ... I don't know ..lol.. It's in the groove on the top limb :? I am still tinkering with stuff so I will get a brace height measurement.. it is very quiet !

Randy, Yohon recommended that rest and when John Wert said you liked the Autumn orange limited editions I figured I couldn't go wrong following in the foot steps of two such Icons ! 8-)

Marc, It's your fault ( that's what I told the wife ) you talked me into it Sika hunting !
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby superkodiak38 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:43 pm

I think I left it out but the new arrows weigh in right at 650 grains, I didn't calculate FOC but I am sure Burgess would approve ! If I am fortunate enough to run one through an elk he's gonna be one of the first people I think of, really miss that old man and his story's...
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby PAarcher » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:09 am

superkodiak38 wrote:I think I left it out but the new arrows weigh in right at 650 grains, I didn't calculate FOC but I am sure Burgess would approve ! If I am fortunate enough to run one through an elk he's gonna be one of the first people I think of, really miss that old man and his story's...

Me too. Baltimore just hasn't been the same without him. He was the first one to greet me on my first day attending Baltimore. I'll never forget sitting in his kitchen looking through his portfolios in utter amazement. The 6am elk bugles, fine tequila, excellent BBQ and most of all, the stories around the campfire.
PAarcher

Postby PAarcher » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:11 am

superkodiak38 wrote:Mike, I'm sorry you couldn't make it down too, went to "Funcks" for a late lunch, it was pretty good, lots beer choices too bad I had a 3 hour drive ahead of me. As far as the brace height ... I don't know ..lol.. It's in the groove on the top limb :? I am still tinkering with stuff so I will get a brace height measurement.. it is very quiet !

Randy, Yohon recommended that rest and when John Wert said you liked the Autumn orange limited editions I figured I couldn't go wrong following in the foot steps of two such Icons ! 8-)

Marc, It's your fault ( that's what I told the wife ) you talked me into it Sika hunting !

It's all good Tim. Don't worry about it. I'm running mine at about 8.5" but I'm sure I'll have to adjust it after the new string arrives.
PAarcher

Postby superkodiak38 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:39 pm

PAarcher wrote:
superkodiak38 wrote:I think I left it out but the new arrows weigh in right at 650 grains, I didn't calculate FOC but I am sure Burgess would approve ! If I am fortunate enough to run one through an elk he's gonna be one of the first people I think of, really miss that old man and his story's...

Me too. Baltimore just hasn't been the same without him. He was the first one to greet me on my first day attending Baltimore. I'll never forget sitting in his kitchen looking through his portfolios in utter amazement. The 6am elk bugles, fine tequila, excellent BBQ and most of all, the stories around the campfire.

Might night bring a bugle tube with me this year but I have been driving around in my truck working on my turkey calling, maybe we will get a gobbler going and wake everyone up ! :?
superkodiak38

Postby PAarcher » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:05 pm

superkodiak38 wrote:
PAarcher wrote:

Might night bring a bugle tube with me this year but I have been driving around in my truck working on my turkey calling, maybe we will get a gobbler going and wake everyone up ! :?

Ok.
I'll bring the tequila, you bring the noisemaker. We will figure it out.
PAarcher

Postby superkodiak38 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:48 pm

Works on foam
superkodiak38

Postby PAarcher » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:31 pm

That will do...
PAarcher

Postby Yohon » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:49 am

Atta boy!!! :D :D :D

Didnt realize the new ones had a compass...........tapped for a quiver too????
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery