Skip to content

Another one bites the dust......

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Another one bites the dust......

Postby Yohon » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:48 pm

I got pitchers of a brand new Titan III on my phone today....Seems another Pirate has taken to using one of them mean black bows............ 8-)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Re: Another one bites the dust......

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Don't keep us in suspense. Who?
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Yohon » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:19 pm

Superkodiak got a III with long limbs......31" draw and 64" long......hard hitting smooth shooter Im sure!!!!
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby PAarcher » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:06 am

That's been a long time coming!
PAarcher

Postby superkodiak38 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:49 am

It's true, I now own a "soulless" metal riser bow :D

Been thinking about it for a while and emailed John Wert back around November, took me this long to get on his "schedule" :? lol... the wife and I drove up Thursday and he had a Titan III with 40# long black max 2.0 's waiting on me. Of course the day before I talked to Yohon knowing he has already done every imaginable combination of rests, off the shelf, limbs etc. and he recommended the Bear Weatherrest so that's what we went with. John ran me through a crash course on limb pocket adjustments and we got it on the practice range. During the "tour" portion he showed me the carbons with the aluminum "jacket" skinnier shaft and in "autumn orange". ( he said Randy shoot's 'em so I said, OK ! )

We came up with a full length shaft with a 75 grain brass insert and 145 - 175 upfront, the bow scales a little over 51 pounds at my 31" draw and it is dead quiet shooting that heavy arrow. I was impressed with the speed I was getting with it too, no chrony #'s but it's slinging 'em pretty good ! I shot it yesterday with my current arrows, 500 grains and they are bullets ! I should have the FMJ's next week and want to get it out on the butts and see what it does out to 50 or so. I really didn't think that I could shoot a recurve as I hate a "pistol" grip. I have the low wrist Titan/ Tradtech grip on it now and it's a little skinny but I think I can get used to it ;)
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Mann » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:45 am

Yohon and longbows now SK38 with ILF?
WTH?
Awesome! :D
Mann

Postby marc » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:02 pm

It's about time!
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Postby PAarcher » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:10 pm

That sounds like a killer setup Tim. I was really disappointed that I couldn't come down to meet you for lunch.
PAarcher

Postby Yohon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:21 am

Hey Stykshooter.....

"he recommended the Bear Weatherrest so that's what we went with" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Stykshooter » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:10 am

I saw that..... I always thought that was a quality shop too. You'd think that they would have a better option than a $2.00 piece of recycled Walmart bags. Disappointing.....
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery