Skip to content

Tradtech Lobo

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Tradtech Lobo

Postby Stykshooter » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Well.... after playing with my Bear Takedowns and Hill longbows for the last 5 or 6 years, I may be bitten by the ILF bug once again. I hunted with a TradTech Trident and some of the new 2.0 limbs this past fall. Ain't much not to like about that set up... unless you're a deer. :D
10-6b.jpg
10-6b.jpg (184.78 KiB) Viewed 1340 times

Now I have been playing with one of the new TradTech Lobo carbon risers recently, and really liking it. I set it up with a set of 55 pound Black Max 2.0 limbs and have to say that I am pretty impressed. The carbon riser gives the bow a different feel and sound. I messed around with limb settings and brace height some and this set up is very quiet right now. When I put a Thunderhorn strap on quiver on it the bow really quietens down and is pretty much silent.
feb 17 b.JPG
feb 17 b.JPG (196.83 KiB) Viewed 1340 times

There is a lot to like about this riser. The hardware and just the way everything is put together is impressive. I love the feel of the grip. A medium grip that is thin and narrow in the throat. About the only complaint that I could possibly come up with is the lack of accessory holes on the back side of the sight window for sights or quivers. Not really a problem for me as the Thunderhorn works well and acutally acts as sort of a dampener/stabilizer. This is kind of the perfect hunting riser for some of the crap I do... traipsing around rock slides at 12,000 feet for elk or sludging through mid thigh mud in the swamps chasing pigs. Not much I can mess up on it! Tough as a titan and about 1/2 pound lighter comparing a 17" riser to a 17" riser.

I took it out for a walk in the woods this morning to shoot a 3-D with a group of the guys. This is the first ever arrow fired in anger at a 3-D target, a deer at about 21 yards.
feb 17j.JPG
feb 17j.JPG (180.09 KiB) Viewed 1340 times

While I still like my Bears and my Hills and plan on keeping on shooting them as well (Yeah, I'm a bow whore), I'm thinking that this Lobo is going to get bloody in the woods this year.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Re: Tradtech Lobo

Postby Yohon » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:47 am

" I'm thinking that this Lobo is going to get bloody in the woods this year."

NAH....never happen :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby BEN MAHER » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:53 am

I like the looks of the Lobo ...
my Titan needs a friend ........

decisions ... decisions...
BEN MAHER

Postby Stykshooter » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:30 am

I like my Titan.
And I like my Trident.
The Lobo is a bit different than either. Just feels and sounds a little different at the shot, and it is growing on me fast. I can't imagine a better ILF riser for tough hunting though... short, light and tough.

I don't think you'd be disappointed in one.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby marc » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:36 pm

I hope they get the grip from the inno max on there, much better grip imo!
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Postby PAarcher » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:07 pm

Stykshooter wrote:I like my Titan.
And I like my Trident.
The Lobo is a bit different than either. Just feels and sounds a little different at the shot, and it is growing on me fast. I can't imagine a better ILF riser for tough hunting though... short, light and tough.

I don't think you'd be disappointed in one.

I hope you are bringing it to Baltimore.
PAarcher

Postby PAarcher » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:17 pm

I was just looking at the specs. This riser is a good 1/2lb lighter than the 17" Titan. Very intriguing.
PAarcher

Postby Stykshooter » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:41 am

I hope you are bringing it to Baltimore.

Will do...
Stykshooter

Postby Stykshooter » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:21 pm

An update.... I have worked the Lobo into my shooting rotation and have spent quite a bit of time shooting it over the last month. Indoor 300 rounds, 3-D's and a couple of field rounds. I get more impressed with it each time I take it out. This riser with the Black Max carbon limbs on it is very forgiving and is very, very quiet now. I was getting some unexplained noise and then realized it wasn't the bow... the little metal cup on my clicker was rattling at the shot! I really like the narrow grip and the riser design itself tends to make the bow very shootable. I am going to bring it up to Baltimore next month and I think you guys are going to be pretty impressed when you shoot it.

B.T.W. I was doing some tuning with the Lobo at our indoor range the other day and this is what a bare shaft .400 Easton Aftermath looks like through paper at about 3 yards off of 52 pounds.

lobo hole.JPG
lobo hole.JPG (30.55 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
Stykshooter

Postby Yohon » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:07 am

Now THAT'S tuned 8-)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery