Skip to content

"My" NEW Hoyt Satori 21" Riser

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

"My" NEW Hoyt Satori 21" Riser

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:00 am

Well... I guess I'm the first, huh? :^)

I opened the box to find a Hoyt case. It's the same one they send with all their new bows.

DSC01859.jpg
DSC01859.jpg (83.57 KiB) Viewed 1394 times

The finish on the riser was on par with my Dorado risers. It has, for lack of a better term, a chalky finish. Not the sleek and elegant finish like on the Titan and Morrison risers I've owned. Not saying it's a disappointment, it's just different than them. The riser seems very well made and heavy. I don't have a way to weigh it, but I'm sure it's heavier than my Morrison riser and the DAS and Titan risers I've owned. Of course it's 2" longer than them too.

In other words, the darn thing is built like a tank.

The wood grip feels nice. I'll have to shoot it some to find out for sure. It has a very narrow throat--which I like. I can always take the drum sander to it or order a Jager 2.0 down the road if need be.

The first thing I wanted to check was to see if my Hoyt quivers with the triangular stud would fit. Bummer... they won't fit, but I may be able to grind some stock off the stud to get it to work. These risers will take the hexagonal studs like all the new Hoyt quivers have.

DSC01860.jpg
DSC01860.jpg (89.34 KiB) Viewed 1394 times

Now... it's off the garage to put a string and set of limbs on it. Be back later...
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Re: "My" NEW Hoyt Satori 21" Riser

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:24 pm

The module rest system is really slick. It came with three spacers, the side plate and calf hair cover and shelf material. I only needed to use one spacer to get the tip of my .600 GoldTip Entrada's slightly outboard. If you get one of these risers, be mindful that the side plate appears to be made of a high impact plastic material. It could be pretty easy to strip if tightened too much.

"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:25 pm

I put a set of light medium Samick limbs (64" bow) on the riser, strung it up, set the tiller, tightened the setscrews and set the nocking point to 1/2" high. I put on my favored and always used sling, stepped back to about eight yards and let one go. I liked... I liked very much-dead and quiet. It feels sturdy and strong. I shot a few more and am quite impressed and very pleased so far.

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Stykshooter » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:52 pm

Good looking rig Jim. Do you know what the finish is.... paint, powder coat?
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:03 pm

No sir, I do not know if it's painted, or powder coated. Definitely not anodized.

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby marc » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:23 am

Looks great Jim!
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Postby PAarcher » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:12 am

That looks sweet! I especially like that side plate setup.
PAarcher

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery