Skip to content

"NEW" Hoyt Satori ILF Recurve

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Re: "NEW" Hoyt Satori ILF Recurve

Postby Yohon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:10 am

I got a 3 river catalog yesterday and I think Hoyt finally got there stuff straight, that riser is sharp looking and being ILF they should sell a ton!!!

HOWEVER...the DAS tribute riser has got to be THE single ugliest damn thing I have ever seen!!!! Kind of appropriate if they are paying "tribute" to a DAS and its maker that its that ugly because that tribute sure fits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby BEN MAHER » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:05 pm

agreed ... the tribute doesn't float my boat much ... but those new Hoyts look dandy !
on of my fave risers was always the Dorado, and I was always annoyed at the non ILF aspect ...

I shoot Hoyt Wheelies and would be interested , but my Titan wouldn't speak to me ... mind you a 21" wouldn't be cheating ... would it ?
BEN MAHER

Postby PAarcher » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:01 pm

21" would be perfectly sensible Ben. No-one could possibly fault you for that.
PAarcher

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:59 am

Just got reliable word that Hoyt is discontinuing the Dorado and GameMaster II. Man... that happened much quicker than expected. I'll bet the Buffalo and Tiburon won't be far behind.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Stykshooter » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Although all I ever had in my hands through my F.I.T.A. days and when I was shooting a compound was a Hoyt, I haven't been too impressed with most their stuff for a long time. I gotta say though this new riser does interest me. Depending on what else comes out new this year, I imagine that a brown riser, especially if I can get clear glass over bamboo limbs, will be on my short list.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:09 pm

Well... I just got in touch with my Hoyt dealer. I've got two 21" risers in the works. They said two to three weeks. Here's what the dealer emailed me.

All of the traditional bows are discontinued and have been since September. Going forward, this will be the only one they have, offered in 3 different lengths and obviously the different limb configurations.

Sorry, Jim, but I don't have the tacking #.... yet. :D
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Mann » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:19 pm

:lol: :lol:
Let me guess, 1 right 1 left? :)
It just bumfuddles me how you guys switch back and forth, geeze I struggle with just right.
Maybe I will go for STAR training in Feb
Mann

Postby Yohon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:05 pm

Please go to STAR training and tell us how it works....please ;)

Stykshooter and I were texting each other back and forth this eve in the tree and he asked what Satori stands for....I googled it...A Jap buddist term for "awakening"......guess Hoyt had an "awakening"....in my best buddist voice....."use ILF ya dumd asses" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and then an awakening occured....... :twisted:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Now that's funny. I'm sure we all agree too. :) They've named a quiver Satori for a few years now, but since this riser came around I had to look it up too.

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby lostaro » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:04 pm

I'm betting the "awakening" came from Accounting....."we need to make money people"
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery