Skip to content

Just what I need.....

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Re: Just what I need.....

Postby superkodiak38 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:18 am

Yohon shooting a Hill and I am talking to John Wert about a Titan III ! What's the world coming too ? It's role reversal ;)

Congrats on a beautiful new bow Bud, I hope it serves you well !
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Yohon » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:39 pm

There's rumor of a new updated Tiatn coming out soon.....I'll have one of them too......like Randy says...its all good but dang this thing is fun to fling with!!!!
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby lostaro » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Good looking longbow dude....sure you'll get it plenty bloody in good time ;)

They are fun.....not giving up my Titan 3 though :D
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby Stykshooter » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:52 pm

Yohon shooting a Hill and I am talking to John Wert about a Titan III ! What's the world coming too ? It's role reversal

Yeah, the world is struggling to right itself right now. I thought it was a shift in the horizontal axis last year when Yohon stepped away from his Titans for a while and picked up a Bear T/D. (I had nothing to do with that btw). Then this year falling head over hills for a Hill bow (I had nothing to do with that btw). Lostaro has been shooting his one piece Bears forever and he just recently dove into the dark side with a Titan III with "accessories" (I had nothing to do with that btw). Now Tim contemplating a metal bow, heck we even have a Republican in the White House! Hard to keep up.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:38 pm

Randy, you're in denial. You're the worst bow pusher I've ever seen--you rascal.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby superkodiak38 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:09 am

Yohon wrote:There's rumor of a new updated Tiatn coming out soon.....I'll have one of them too......like Randy says...its all good but dang this thing is fun to fling with!!!!

I am planning a road trip to Lancaster in March or April, if it's out by then you can ride up with me and Wert can buy us both lunch ! He knows I hate a pistol grip and says he can have me shooting off the shelf with a comfortable grip and I'll like it, we will see :?

Randy is not just a pusher but a Junky himself so he knows the good stuff ;)
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Stykshooter » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Junky.... Nah, my REAL addiction is Smith & Wesson revolvers
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:26 pm

Hey Randy. Serious question here. Do you have any of the new #3 limbs? How do they compare to you #1's?
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Stykshooter » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:11 pm

Yes.

I have five sets of the #3's and four set of #1's, all of the newer manufacture. I use the #3's on my A risers and #1's on my B risers and both combinations give me a 60" bow.

The #1 limbs on a B seem to be snappier and are a little faster. My guess is that you are working the limb more. The #3's on an A seem to be smoother and are definitely more forgiving. I only set up #3's on a B riser to play around with indoors last year. That makes a 64" bow and they were the smoothest set up of them all. That bow seemed to me to be a little "spongey" though. That may have been due to the fact that those limbs were about 15 pounds lighter than I usually shoot (We shoot a lot of arrows during indoors).

I like them all but if put on the spot and had to settle for one riser and limb set up (heaven forbid!), I would opt for the A riser with #3 limbs. That surprises me a little as I have always liked risers with longer sight windows.

Roanoke ain't all that far from you. After the Holidays, run on over one day. We have an awesome indoor facility at the club, about ten minutes from my house. We can build a fire in the stove, break out a half dozen Bears and play for awhile. I'll even throw in lunch at Joe's Deli. Yohon can vouch for that place.
Stykshooter

Postby Yohon » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:51 am

"yohon can vouch for that place".....ohhhh yeah ;)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery