Skip to content

Just what I need.....

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Just what I need.....

Postby Yohon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:19 pm

Another archery addiction...
AGAIN.....all stkyshooters fault :lol: You get in a lot of good trouble hanging around him!!! Have always wanted to shoot a HH but never had one in my hand that fit until this fall. One of Randys buddies had one that was a good poundage and had really nice thin grip. I shot it and really liked shooting it but what sold me was the quiet factor. I dont shoot alot of bow weight so bow speed on critters wasn't going to be a factor but exploring this quiet aspect really intrigued me. I got the bow 2 weeks ago and that 1st shot with it I was grinning with how quiet I remember them being...
I got a 68" Halfbreed and had to have them name it "Marsh Ghost" ;) hopefully it'll break my streak on killin a stag with a stickbow
I had a heck of a time finding an arrow we both liked but after some time got it straight. They are not like shooting my Titan that is for sure but now that its got a good flying arrow its just FUN shooting them things......Im hoping to get a shot or two before season runs out at the end of January.
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Re: Just what I need.....

Postby Stykshooter » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:19 pm

An an addiction it is....

12-6d.JPG
12-6d.JPG (134.58 KiB) Viewed 1508 times

I got so fired up getting Yohon fired up about Hills that I had to go out and buy another one myself.

12-6f.JPG
12-6f.JPG (164.38 KiB) Viewed 1508 times

My Halfbreed and I have logged several hours together in a tree these last couple of weeks.

12-6g.JPG
12-6g.JPG (171.68 KiB) Viewed 1508 times

12-6e.JPG
12-6e.JPG (167.76 KiB) Viewed 1508 times

She don't know that she is dead yet. This...

12-6a.JPG
12-6a.JPG (200.49 KiB) Viewed 1508 times

Plus this....

12-6i.JPG
12-6i.JPG (193.44 KiB) Viewed 1508 times

equals this....

12-6c.JPG
12-6c.JPG (158.76 KiB) Viewed 1508 times

and this.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Stykshooter » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:20 pm

That's a gorgeous Halfbreed you have Yohon and I love that photo of it on the Sika skull. Predictions of things to come?
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby BEN MAHER » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:03 pm

now this is what I am talking about ......

how much fun is a good shooting Hill longbow ?

far canal yeah .... thats what I am saying kids ...

Its got me all fired up a tad ... I'll be taking mine for aw walk tomorrow now ......

good stuff and pics with dead things would be nice please .....
BEN MAHER

Postby Yohon » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:15 am

"prediction of things to come?" man I hope so!!!!

Ben, your a hoot!!!! "far canal yeah" Im assuming that's a good thing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:42 am

I saw this one coming after that trip to VA. :)
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Yohon » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:26 pm

:D ;)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Stykshooter » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:30 pm

I saw this one coming after that trip to VA. :)

Dang.... I feel like the friendly neighborhood bow "pusher".

Come on, just TRY it... everybody else is doing it. What are you afraid of? Just this once can't hurt.....
Stykshooter

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:25 pm

You rascal, you are the neighborhood bow pusher. You kept harping about those darn new Bear bows... so... I had to have one.

As for the longbow. Been there; done that. I made a press and built several from 62 to 66". I shot one all summer and killed an adult doe that fall. Glad I did it, but my design just had too much hand, wrist, arm, shoulder, and tooth shock. :o I've still got three of them. I later got a Howard Hill reverse handle. It felt much nicer at the shot but it sure was a dog; slower than sorghum molasses. I'm just a recurve kind of guy.

By the way, you were right about those Bear's. Much nicer than the older ones. The new limbs are as good as any.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Stykshooter » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:20 pm

I do like my Bears.... and my Hills... and my ILF. Have I told you how happy I am with my new Black Max 2.0 limbs yet??? :D :D

Hard not to like one of the new Bears once you've shot one. Those new limbs are night and day difference compared to the older limbs.

Don't feel bad about your home made longbow being slow. My 64 pound Hill shooting a 680 grain arrows shoots 156 f.p.s. over the chrono! But it does put two holes in most anything I care to shoot it at.
Stykshooter

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery