Skip to content

Loud Damn Bow

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Loud Damn Bow

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:14 pm

In an attempt to get ready for shoulder replacement surgery and then rehab, I'm trying to set up a really light weight - 22# bow - I have 22# SF Axion+ limbs on a 21" metal riser - can't remember who made it. The problem is that it is the loudest damn thing I've ever shot. Sounds like some kind of metal stamping machine.

So far I've tried string silencers - very minor improvement - velcro on the limbs where they connect to the riser - a little more improvement but still not much - increase the brace height to 9" - again not much effect - a different riser - the damn limbs are still loud and don't shoot as well.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Re: Loud Damn Bow

Postby Stykshooter » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:41 pm

A set of the new Black Max 2.0's from Lancaster.... :o
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Not a bad idea at all.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Have you checked to make sure all the screws in the riser and limbs are tight? Make sure the ILF fitting aren't fouled in the dovetails..... maybe?

Not saying they are, but those 2.0's might be Axiom limbs.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:36 am

Thanks, Jim. The Blackmax 2.0 limbs say they're made by Win & Win.

Fuzzy Dog

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:37 pm

Fuzzy Dog wrote:Thanks, Jim. The Blackmax 2.0 limbs say they're made by Win & Win.

Win & Win's basic wood/glass limb is branded Sebastian Flute and sold as the SF Axiom. That's why I'm thinking those 2.0's may be Win & Win's basic wood/glass limb with TradTech's logo's--or not.

Can you post a picture of your riser?

Good luck. I hope you get it worked out.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Bowlim » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:01 pm

It's going to depend on what is causing the noise. If it is in the pockets, shoot it with Silicon sealant. If that is a little too permanent, look for draft stop, if you can find it. It is a peelable sealant.
Bowlim

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery