Skip to content

Lostaro...long ago.

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Lostaro...long ago.

Postby Stykshooter » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:26 am

I was sorting through and throwing away some old junk today when I came across this photo. Our very own Lostaro!!
I think this was 1996, or to be more precise, the last day of 1996. I might be off a year either way. We went out on New Years eve for a hunt in miserable conditions. I think it was 3 degrees that evening and 30 m.p.h. winds howling. I remember us talking on the way across the mountain that we were probably the only two bowhunters out in Va. that afternoon. And, he ended up making a fine shot on the last doe of the season! I remember that the deer was frozen solid to the bed of my truck by the time we got home.

Lostaro.jpg
Lostaro.jpg (54.94 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Re: Lostaro...long ago.

Postby Mann » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:21 pm

That aint Lostaro! That bow hasn't been spray painted! :lol: :lol:
Mann

Postby Stykshooter » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:26 pm

That was so long ago, I ain't for sure spray paint had been invented.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby lostaro » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:36 pm

That was a rather close shot....If I remember the stand in the cedar tree was 10 feet off the ground and if the deer was 3 feet tall...(ok 2 feet tall :oops:) that arrow didn't go but 8 feet before hitting her....I'm pretty good at 8 feet :D

For some reason I never painted my Assenheimers....had 3 over the years....got the limbs of one film dipped. Figured Don would find me a take them back to Ohio with him :?

Damn good bows.....made the majority of my bowkills with them.....sold them into slavery years ago :roll:

Oh btw....I wasn't that fat back then .....just was wearing ALL my hunting clothes I owned at the time! :lol:
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby Yohon » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:48 pm

Ah hell you cheated and wore Trebark!!! It was alot easier when we had Trebark :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Yohon » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:50 pm

Is that the one you were telling me about when you FINALLY got it off the bed of the pickup you said the whole outline of the deer was still there cause all the hair stayed attached to the bed of the truck.... :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Lee Vivian » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:46 pm

Tree bark original was the best! SIGH! :cry:
Too many freaks, not enough circuses....
Lee Vivian

Postby lostaro » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:21 pm

I lived an hour away from that hunting spot....didn't have to worry about spoilage on the ride home ;)

If I'm not mistaken there was a doe killed out of that tree with a wood arrow and a Snuffer just recently??? :?
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby Stykshooter » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:25 pm

The Screaming Eagle he shot that out of in the big cedar in the corner of the field has been very good over the years. I take it down each year and repaint it, etc., then hang it back up.. I believe I have had a stand in that same tree for 20-25 years. It is only about 8 feet off of the ground and I couldn't begin to count the number of bow kills made out it over the years by me, my sons and friends. That fence line is a very good spot to spend an afternoon, matter of fact, I shot another doe over there last Thursday. Yohon even came down and sat it an afternoon last year.
Stykshooter

Postby lostaro » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:29 pm

I think the moral of this story is...
Never give up, even in the last minutes of the season.... in the worst possible conditions.....something can happen out there in the woods that you'll be talking about 20 YEARS later!

Big bucks are great.....but I wouldn't trade that little 50lb doe for a P&Y...........

A bowhunter's memory right there ;)
lostaro

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery