Skip to content

2016's ......

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Re: 2016's ......

Postby BEN MAHER » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:17 pm

So ... Flying out to NZ on the 2nd of Sept.
Pretty much packed my gear ...
Arrows are made and ready to roll for them mountains , witha dandy house to return too if I don't stay 'up top''....

So I'll be staying in the house most nights .... Red wine , a DVD and good feed .

Not that I wasn't to , but I twisted and screwed my good knee on Sunday ...

So now can barely walk ... Hoping it gets better , scans later today ....

But screw you life, knees etc etc

I can still hobble , so turkeys and deer better watch it , coz I am pretty good at Archery golf if need be ...... :twisted:

Ps ... How do you screw your good knee ?
Was it me hunting the high country? Breaking in a new horse ? Cycling fall at the end of a 140km ride ?
No... It was turning around in my kitchen .
43 years old and my new nickname is the hobbler
BEN MAHER

Postby Stykshooter » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:47 pm

Sounds like a fitting adventure for a one legged Pirate!
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby bearauto11 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:11 pm

Bad knees suck! Take care of them. Do what the doc says to.
bearauto11

Postby BEN MAHER » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:46 am

You know you either need to get another hobby or really really need a holiday when you have already built your arrows, waxed your strings, replaced your bag for the 4th time and you don't leave until the 2nd September ..... 8-)

I did pick up some KUIU gear and some First Lite woollies pretty cheap . I have worn the First Lite on other trips and liked it , the KUIU seems pretty good stuff, the rain jacket rolls up really nice and small, seems well made ...
The KUIU Guide jacket I am waiting on ... Got it 2nd hand from Jerry Gowins ... Hope it's the goods ...
If so I'll repack that damn bag again for a late inclusion ......
BEN MAHER

Postby Stykshooter » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:35 am

I have spent about ten hours over the last couple of weeks packing and repacking my back pack. Moving gear around, replacing gear and add or deleting gear. I've don it so many times and upgraded my checklist so many times I know I am going to get five or six miles back in and start setting up camp and say..."I wonder where ______ is?"

Part of the process!
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery