Skip to content

Sky 15" TDX riser... picking limbs

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Sky 15" TDX riser... picking limbs

Postby gnome » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:04 pm

I have a Sky 15" TDX riser that I want to put medium recurve limbs on. It was set up with 35# samick long bow limbs. It scaled out at 42# @ 28"(my draw length), and made a really nice setup. I have had some surgery and am unable to shoot more than 30-32# now. Any suggestion on limbs, and at what weight to get 30# on this riser?
gnome

Re: Sky 15" TDX riser... picking limbs

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:48 am

Probably 22# limbs... maybe 24#. I assume these are therapy limbs and not something you plan to use long term for 3D, etc.
If that's the case, I'd suggest something used or inexpensive new. It's always nice to have a light set of limbs for form work later on.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Re: Sky 15" TDX riser... picking limbs

Postby gnome » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Thanks Jim, Right now I 'm just trying to find any thing I can shoot comfortably. This is going to be more long term than just therapy. I am coming to accept the disability as the new normal. I'll give a set of Axioms a try, they are only $90 from LAS.
gnome

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery