Skip to content

Something else to think about

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Something else to think about

Postby Yohon » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:51 pm

Been shooting my Bear takedown a bunch and this one is shooting so good Im scared to touch it :D I usually keep my bows in my un-insulated garage and it gets hot there in the summer so I usually bring my favorites inside the house to keep them cool, you know, let them know how much I appreciate em...take care of them now, maybe they'll return the favor come fall....anyway....I took the bear out the other night and shot judos/VPA and noticed everything shooting left. Now I dont mind missin up and down but for some reason left/rights really tic me off, I feel like left/rights are things we have more control over than ups and downs.

Because the Bear was shooting so good I took really good measurements and the first thing I did was check them out and they were spot on....nothing was moving or loose....was scratching my head so figured Id put it away and shoot it another day. When I was putting my stuff away I noticed I was shooting with a glove that I hadnt shot in a while...a thin black leather glove. I went out and got the glove I had been shooting, a bit thicker and tighter on the fingers glove and the first shot went right down the center....really? Ida never thought that would make that big of a difference but it was there to see for sure. I know I'll here that I should shoot a tab but I still cant get used to them but Id like to hear what you guys think would cause that left/right variation in glove difference?

Ya never stop learning with the stick and string 8-)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Re: Something else to think about

Postby BEN MAHER » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:38 am

I love tabs ...
And my consistency dies .

Bang on a dirty old glove ... And they fly straight down the middle ...

It's the little things ... And the older I get the more it becomes a game of inches ...
BEN MAHER

Postby Stykshooter » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:19 am

Makes sense. That thicker leather performs the same task as moving your anchor point to the side a little. I imagine it wouldn't take but a dozen or so arrow to reprogram your mind though.

But, as you well know..... you oughta be shooting a tab. :twisted:
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:32 am

Shoot with a glove. Tabs blow goats.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery