Skip to content

Some Pirate won a bow.....

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Some Pirate won a bow.....

Postby Yohon » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:33 pm

Someone on here won MY bow so I figure by now he's has some time to shoot it some and can give us a report on the attributes of the newest bear Grizzlys ;)

Still think it was rigged somehow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Re: Some Pirate won a bow.....

Postby Stykshooter » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:20 am

I'm pretty sure it was MY bow that he won. I already had a spot on the rack cleared out for it.

Heck, I drew the winner and I still think it was rigged somehow.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Yohon » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:35 am

Stykshooter wrote:Heck, I drew the winner and I still think it was rigged somehow.

SEEEEEE.....I smell a rat :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby lostaro » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:05 am

Of course it was RIGGED....hello??? Pirate???? :D

Haven't put it through a full work up.....but what testing has been done shows it will be a welcome addition to the stable ;)

2018's with a Bear SuperRazorheads (off a WeatherRest of course) quietly float into the center of the dot with relative ease....Good looking bow.....just needs spray paint :twisted:
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby lostaro » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:11 am

Honestly I hadn't bought but one ticket until the shoot....didn't seem like we were selling many so guilt made me buy some more.....didn't want the club to eat any cost.

Funny, Randy and I had talked the day before about club members winning raffles and how that always looks bad....we were right...looks bad....

I'm over it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby Yohon » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:14 am

"I'm over it"......in true Pirate fashion as it should.....glad to hear its shooting good for you. Is it the bubinga or the gray/red stripe model? Do you have both models? Just wondering what makes em different....

2018 and Bear razorhead off a weatherest........them dang deer dont stand a chance I tell ya ;)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby lostaro » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:55 am

It's the lighter colored wood, bubinga I assume....not the two tone.
grizzly.JPG
grizzly.JPG (143.87 KiB) Viewed 1592 times

Also have the dark red Dymondwood? version....but it's cleverly disguised in olive drab Krylon ;)
lostaro

Postby lostaro » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:58 am

My apologies to all Bear purists for my in-excusable lack of knowledge on wood types and various models....I'm sure I was told at some point.....my rememberer is busted.... :oops:
lostaro

Postby lostaro » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:11 pm

I like a pretty wood bow as much as anyone....but I really dig a scarred up-rough looking War Bow :twisted:
grizzlys.JPG
grizzlys.JPG (136.75 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
lostaro

Postby superkodiak38 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:58 am

Sweet !
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery