Skip to content

Wellllll.....

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Wellllll.....

Postby Yohon » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:39 pm

I begged and borrowed different fletchin sizes and shapes from Styshooter and some others.I wanted to see if I could find a hunting combo that was quiet and forgiving as I could get. The bear TD was shooting as good as my Titan so I shot both and I could experiment while having bows that shot where I looked. I fletched up as many combo's as I could think of trying to stay with the thought these are hunting arrows so Im sticking with 4" and 5" in 3 and 4 fletch, parabolic and shield. I shot over a camera, besides the camera I even got Jacob and his young ears out there to tell me what sounded the most silent...you know what I learned? NOTHIN....use what you want none of it makes a difference LOL they all make noise!!!!! The most consistent noise maker was me lettin go of the string. I think stykshooter said it best,the fletching going thru the air is a soft noise, and no matter what I did there was the same type of noise. If you make a bad shot you get excessive noise, then you'll want that extra fletching to help you out. I shot one round with Judo's and again Stykshooter was right, them dang things are loud!!!
In the end Im right back where I started....nothing was a noticeable improvement over what I already had and so I wasted several hours of my life going in a big circle...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Re: Wellllll.....

Postby superkodiak38 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:56 pm

As Mark Twain said " A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something you can learn in no other way" so you did learn something and you had to learn it the way you did to have the answer you had to have. ;)
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Yohon » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:49 pm

as I raise my beer in admiration of your philosophical bending's........touche Tim!!! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Kirkll » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:02 pm

Confucius say, ...... Aw never mind...... you'd just think i was full of shit anyway... :D
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Yohon » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:01 am

Kirkll wrote:Confucius say, ...... Aw never mind...... you'd just think i was full of shit anyway... :D

LOL
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby lostaro » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:37 am

Most of the noise you are hearing is probably coming from that WeatherRest.... :shock:

......heck....may be hearing mine....you ain't that far away. ;)
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby Yohon » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:00 pm

You were one of the guys I was thinking about lostaro....I mean you kill a bunch of em and you use them big feathers AND a weathrest....I mean sheesh you gotta be real good with all them handicaps your using ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Stykshooter » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:00 pm

You should have seen him shoot the 3-D yesterday. I think he has extended his effective range on deer out to about 60 yards. I've seen him shoot about 50-60 different bows over the last 30 years and I am pretty sure he is shooting that Bear Grizzly better than any I've seen him shoot. Its a shame though.... started out as a pretty bow. That lasted about 24 hours till he broke out the rattle cans of green and brown.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby KCummings » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:42 pm

Did you try vanes?

:?

KPC
"On their deathbed, no one ever said, I wish I had spent more time at the office."
KCummings

Postby lostaro » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:14 pm

Stykshooter wrote:... Its a shame though.... started out as a pretty bow. That lasted about 24 hours till he broke out the rattle cans of green and brown.

I really only paint them because it makes Stykshooter nervous... :twisted:

Actually I dig a cheap rattle can camo job...makes them look like a serious killin' tool ;)

.....I was shooting decent yesterday....until the last target....square in the arse at 15yds :roll: :roll: :roll:
.......big broadheads boys, big broadheads. 8-)
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery