Skip to content

Bear Chit

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Re: Bear Chit

Postby PAarcher » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:43 pm

They look outstanding Kirk.
PAarcher

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:23 pm

Those are looking good. Might could use a set myself when you get them dialed in.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Postby PAarcher » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:12 pm

Fuzzy Dog wrote:Those are looking good. Might could use a set myself when you get them dialed in.

Did you get another Bear?
PAarcher

Postby jeffhalfrack » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Real nice stuff bro! I think I saw on my Fred Bear dvd set that they made limbs like that two at a time like a one piece recurve then they sawed them in two I can't wait to hear how these shoot!! JeffW
jeffhalfrack

Postby Kirkll » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:57 pm

jeffhalfrack wrote:Real nice stuff bro! I think I saw on my Fred Bear dvd set that they made limbs like that two at a time like a one piece recurve then they sawed them in two I can't wait to hear how these shoot!! JeffW

Damn! That would be an excellent way to do it bro.... now you got me eyeballing my one piece form... :lol:
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby jeffhalfrack » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Hey bro did you have time to go through the Fred bear dvd's I think I saw it in #3?? It's just a blink but I thought it would be worth looking in to lay both limbs buts in one shot kinda forgot about this,,,,,,I didn't even tell Rob yet :oops: JeffW
jeffhalfrack

Postby Kirkll » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:14 pm

jeffhalfrack wrote:Hey bro did you have time to go through the Fred bear dvd's I think I saw it in #3?? It's just a blink but I thought it would be worth looking in to lay both limbs buts in one shot kinda forgot about this,,,,,,I didn't even tell Rob yet :oops: JeffW

How the hell is Rob anyway? I lost track of him the last year or so...

Naw.... haven't looked at the Bear vids yet. i'm up to my ass in alligators around here......
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Kirkll » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:29 pm

PAarcher wrote:How's the performance and how much are you charging?

Well i got this set of #3 limbs on an "A" riser in the shooting machine the other day and tested them side by side with some sock Bear limbs....... The Big Foot Bear limbs were right at 50@28" and i got 190 FPS at 10 GPP & 195 FPS at 9 GPP. The stock Bear limbs i tested were just under 48# @ 28" and were hitting 180-182 at 10 gpp. So these static tip limbs got a little more horse power....

The thing i really noticed was shooting both sets by hand...... My Static tip limbs come back a lot smoother than the stock bear limbs. The 50# static tips felt lighter in draw weight than the stock bear limbs that were a couple pounds lighter. I was drawing both of them to 30" though, and the stock limbs felt like they were staking a bit. They might do better on a "B" riser. The string angle was better with the static tips too. especially at 30"..... the photos below are drawn to 28".

i gotta say one thing about the stock Bear limbs. They ain't nothing to sneeze about. Good shooting rig with very little vibration. I see the why these things are popular now.....

here's a few pics for you....

kirk@bigfootbows.com

Kirkll

Postby owlbait » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Looks great Kirk. Once you get those dialed in and the word gets out, AND all those Bear T/D fans out there get the info, your going to stay busy!
owlbait

Postby Tom in San Diego » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:56 pm

Kirk, seeing those numbers has my mouth watering with anticipation for my limbs. I am thinking with the mag riser and your design I may want to go up a notch in spine. What are your thoughts?
Tom M
Tom in San Diego

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery