Skip to content

Bear Chit

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Re: Bear Chit

Postby Kirkll » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:33 pm

Tom in San Diego wrote:Kirk, seeing those numbers has my mouth watering with anticipation for my limbs. I am thinking with the mag riser and your design I may want to go up a notch in spine. What are your thoughts?
Tom M

With the Mag riser being cut past center more so than the wood model, going up in spine would be an option. You can always shim out your strike plate if you wish to use the same arrows as the wood riser..... I should have your limbs ready to ship by the end of next week. I've got 4 more sets milled and ready for profiling....

Hey Paul, What kind of draw weight are you thinking of on these? I've got a couple sets going that will be running high 30's to low 40's in this run that may work nicely for you. I could put your name on a set if you like.... drop me an email bro.

Anyone interested in getting a set of these in the future, drop me an email. I'll definitely have a Pirates discount.
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Yohon » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:53 am

Kirkll wrote: I've got a couple sets going that will be running high 30's to low 40's in this run that may work nicely for you.

PM sent Kirk ;)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:30 am

PAarcher wrote:
Fuzzy Dog wrote:Those are looking good. Might could use a set myself when you get them dialed in.

Did you get another Bear?

I had both a rh version and a lh riser. As I'm now back to lh, I still have the riser.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Postby PAarcher » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Fuzzy Dog wrote:
PAarcher wrote:
Fuzzy Dog wrote:Those are looking good. Might could use a set myself when you get them dialed in.

Did you get another Bear?

I had both a rh version and a lh riser. As I'm now back to lh, I still have the riser.

Ah, ok. Sounds like you need new limbs!
PAarcher

Postby Lee Vivian » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:38 pm

So glad my Bear is a one-piece so I don't get tempted!
Too many freaks, not enough circuses....
Lee Vivian

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:48 pm

Lee Vivian wrote:So glad my Bear is a one-piece so I don't get tempted!

What the hell does that have to do with temptation? You have a one-piece so now you need a takedown.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Postby 4nolz » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:52 am

What the Bear TD world needs is for you to design hybrid or longbow limbs that work.
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:51 am

4nolz wrote:What the Bear TD world needs is for you to design hybrid or longbow limbs that work.

Excellent idea. Talk about cornering a market. ;)
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Kirkll » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:38 pm

4nolz wrote:What the Bear TD world needs is for you to design hybrid or longbow limbs that work.

I've got a pair going right now..... :D A local guy asked me if i could do it, and i couldn't see a reason why not.... I'm using my 60" hybrid long bow limbs.

i got limbs laid up but , I'm still tinkering with getting the right preload and wedge angle worked out.... Probably have her strung up and shooting later this week.....
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery