Skip to content

Bear Chit

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Bear Chit

Postby Kirkll » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:31 pm

Last year in April, Paul , Mike & I were down in Texas doing some pig hunting & took in a 3D shoot at Bug Scuffle ranch while we were there too. Mike brought his new TD Bear set up down with him with two sets of limbs. That was my first experience handling those rigs.....

I asked Mike what he thought of the idea of building some static tip limbs for that Bear like i had on my Sasquatch SS ILF rig, and he liked the idea.....

Well here ya go Mike... this is the first set strung up.... I've got about 6 more sets on order. Needless to say i got bear shit all over my shop right now. :lol:

http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Re: Bear Chit

Postby owlbait » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Those limbs look great on there Kirk. I bet you'll stay busy with orders for those.
owlbait

Postby PAarcher » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:47 pm

Oh damn!!! Great. Now I'm going to have to save for a set of those.
PAarcher

Postby PAarcher » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:52 pm

How's the performance and how much are you charging?
PAarcher

Postby Stykshooter » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:00 pm

Hmmm.... I know this guy. He has ten of them Bear T/D risers at his house right now. :shock:

Those limbs look good. Anxious to hear how they work.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Yohon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:07 pm

As impressed as I am with the new red tip limbs if your limbs up the performance bar over the new Bear limbs they are gonna be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet your shop stinks with all the sasquatch chit now combined with Bear chit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:08 pm

Oh yeah! Can't wait to see you run the numbers on those.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby 4nolz » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:01 pm

Send some to Jinkster for testing.
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby MOUNTER » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:10 pm

Sweet looking rig Kirk. Looks fast!

So what did you think of the old Bug Scuffle? 1st place I ever pig hunted, 17/18 years ago.... Dam that makes me feel old.
MOUNTER

Postby Kirkll » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:54 am

Well i still got a ways to go on getting these tested and what not, but i got the limbs bending pretty sweet. It's been a real challenge converting my ILF limbs to these Bear risers with such narrow limb butts. The width profile is like an hour glass on these things.... I'll get some more photos as i get farther along.

I've still got a few details i'm tinkering with to make the connection more pleasing to the eye.... this first set i used the same system as border did converting their ILF limbs, and added the wedge to the bottom of my limbs and used an overlay on the back...... This allows the limbs to have the same dynamics as my bolt down version and my ILF limbs.

here's another picture after i stained these limbs to match a rosewood A riser.

now look at this photo .... the overlay on the back of the limbs are smoothed out. This is where i'm going on the next batch i'm working on now.

Hey Mounter...... Bug Scuffle ranch was my first pig hunt too about 3 years ago and i never saw a damn pig in 3 days. We all left a day early... We've been hunting a different ranch down there the last couple years, but we went to a 3D shoot last year they have every spring at Bug Scuffle called "The Hill Country shoot."
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery