Skip to content

It's 2016...too early to talk Baltimore???

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

It's 2016...too early to talk Baltimore???

Postby Lee Vivian » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:08 pm

Sitting here waiting for our first substantial snow fall this weekend......while most are out hoarding bread and milk, I made the trip to the Amish bakery and picked up a large mince meat pie, like I have done for Burgess these past few years.....it is in the freezer...and will be at Baltimore in May.....

The dates for those who don't have their calendars marked are May 13-15th.....I plan on getting there that wednesday evening....

along with the mincemeat pie, I will be bringing some other Amish pastries....and perhaps some of my wife's homemade chocolate chip cookies.....

the end of 2015 and the start of 2016 has pretty much sucked personally...and I am looking forward to getting together with friends in a couple months..

Let the Baltimore thread begin............. :D :D :D :D :D
Too many freaks, not enough circuses....
Lee Vivian

Re: It's 2016...too early to talk Baltimore???

Postby Yohon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:10 pm

AMEN brother, AMEN!!!! Was thinking about Baltimore sittin in the tree here lately and really look forward to it but at the same time it'll never be the same without Burgess but its been a weird fall too without him around......I'm pretty positive he'd want us all there having a GRAND time so lets roll!!!!! :mrgreen:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Stykshooter » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:34 pm

I already have commitments from three of the Roanoke crew for this year that haven't been able to make it up the last 2 or 3.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby superkodiak38 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:40 am

Don't know if I'll make it. I have taken a lot of leave for 2016 and I am scheduled to work all those days. If I go it might be late thursday evening and leaving by lunch on Friday. Been going for 15 years so far but might not make it this time. We will have to see how it shakes out as it gets closer to time.
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:40 pm

That's funny. I was just thinking about Baltimore this morning. It'll definitely be different without Burgess but on the other hand it'll be good to be with good friends and out of Texas for a while. Texas is a great place; unfortunately it's filled with Texans, most of whom are completely fuckin' nuts.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Postby marc » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:58 am

Yeah I agree with the crappy end of 15 and start of 16 Lee! I have a bunch of things going on and I am really hoping everything can fall into place so that I can be there. Just waiting on orders before I will know for sure. Looking forward to some time around the campfire!
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Postby PAarcher » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:48 pm

It's never too early to talk about Baltimore! It will take an act of god to keep me away this year.
PAarcher

Postby Feral Donkey » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:21 am

I was just thinking I should start to shop for plane tickets. We should ask the junior Blevins if he knows how to make cowboy coffee. Maybe I should email him and tell him we're a Blevins short and he needs to get his ass out to Baltimore and bring the hat...and some fucking cigars. :lol:
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Lee Vivian » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:06 am

it is now getting closer, thought I'd bring this back up....

personally, there have been a lot of things going on this year...started with the passing of my mother in January...some unexpected vehicle and home repairs have hit as well...to top it off, a possible career change looms....

the way it seems to be playing out is one of three choices......

1. be able to arrive friday morning and spend the weekend...
2. make a day trip Saturday
3. not make it at all...

hoping for option #1..will know more in about two weeks.....

i need some time to get away.........
Too many freaks, not enough circuses....
Lee Vivian

Postby PAarcher » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Scratch #3 off your list.
PAarcher

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery