Skip to content

Custom grips for Hoyt Dorado?

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Re: Custom grips for Hoyt Dorado?

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:26 am

Here's what I did to my grip. It's fashioned after the Jager 2.0, which I got on a trade for a Morrison riser. I liked it so well, I cut all my grips to match its angles. I thought the wood grips needed a little extra feel in the palm so I cut some crude checkering with a file. Doesn't look too hot, but man does it feel nice.

Hoyt grip a.jpg
Hoyt grip a.jpg (181.46 KiB) Viewed 1736 times

Hoyt grip.jpg
Hoyt grip.jpg (197.73 KiB) Viewed 1736 times
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Keener » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:17 pm

I have to say, this Jager Grip has grown on me. I like it more and more every time I shoot.
Once I learned how to properly hold the grip, it places my hand in the exact same position over and over and over.
Some of my 4 arrow groups are about 1 1/2".
Now, this doesn't mean I am going to go out and rule the 300 rounds. The arrows may be grouping well, but the groups are not where I am aiming. LOL
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!
Keener

Postby Keener » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:55 pm

UPDATE: I put a set of TradTech Black Max Wood/Glass limbs on the Dorado riser. Wow. Those things are smooth as silk and snappy! The bow has a "slight" hum on release that I need to tune out. Other than that...this bow is amazing!
Currently shooting Easton Gamegetters (500 spine) with good results. I want to play with some lighter shafts just to see how thay do, but most likely will hunt the Gamegetters next season.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!
Keener

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery