Skip to content

Jager grips

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Re: Jager grips

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:13 pm

I think all the new Dorado's/GameMaster II's/Buffalo's and Tiburon's now come with the low ProFit grip. I prefer the older high one. I've taken all of them to the grinder and fashioned them similar to the Jager 2.0. I then take a file to it to give it a deep checkering effect. I really like the way they fit my hand.

The one on the upper right is the one I prefer:

Hoyt Profit high grip.jpg
Hoyt Profit high grip.jpg (13.97 KiB) Viewed 1817 times

This is what I do to it:

Dorado ILF grip.jpg
Dorado ILF grip.jpg (134.36 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Yohon » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:08 am

I remember Joe and I going thru boxes of grips to find a few we liked, high wrist TT wood grips. I recently got a Jaeger med wrist grip and have been shooting it on my Titan the last month or so. I grabbed my other Titan yesterday with the wood TT grip.....felt like a real handful, almost terrible compared to the Jaeger!!!!! I got to get a high wrist to try now.

I think of all the bows I've had since I bought my original Titan and BF's and that bow is still the best shooting bow I've ever had.....its been fun but dang that bow is by far the best for me and that new grip is making it even better.
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Yohon » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:11 am

Keener....have you messed with brace height? String slap to me a lot of times is too short on the BH.........
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Yohon » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:55 am

BTW Jim...that extra grip you got wouldn't happen to be a high wrist would it :?: 8-)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Keener » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:29 pm

From the picture, that is what I am looking for, I think. Something with more palm swell than the stock narrow grip.
I can't find that grip for sale anywhere, though.

Yohon, I have my brace at about 8 1/4" on the Dorado. The only way to not hit my arm is if I exaggerate the bend at my elbow. But that feels...weird and I can't shoot worth a da..darn like that.

I'm new to metal risers and am starting to think I should have gone with a Titan. :roll:
Those wood/glass tradtech limbs are sounding sooooo sweet to me, but Lancaster is all out of conversion bushings.

Sorry to hijack the thread. I'll start a new one for any other questions.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!
Keener

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:44 pm

Keener wrote:Those wood/glass tradtech limbs are sounding sooooo sweet to me, but Lancaster is all out of conversion bushings....

Sorry to hijack the thread.

You might call a Hoyt dealer, or post a want ad on the classifieds for a high Profit grip.

As for the bushing, you can make your own from 3/8" copper supply line. It has to have a 1/4" I.D. Then, you can use a 3/8" black plastic hole plug on the top. The fittings will cost you about 1 buck each. I can send you a set if you can't find the stuff.

btw... there's nothing wrong with hijacking a thread. We are Pirates--you know. :)

Hoyt fittings.jpg
Hoyt fittings.jpg (59.39 KiB) Viewed 1801 times

This is what the finished ones look like:

Hoyt fittings limbs.jpg
Hoyt fittings limbs.jpg (115.36 KiB) Viewed 1801 times
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:47 pm

Yohon,

I don't know for sure. I'd call it a medium grip--it's not marked, but here's a picture of one I have left. It's the wood grain one:

Jager 2.0.jpg
Jager 2.0.jpg (116.8 KiB) Viewed 1801 times

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Yohon » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:49 pm

Thanks Jim, that looks like the one I have already.
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery