Skip to content

New boom-stick!!

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

New boom-stick!!

Postby Feral Donkey » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:08 pm

I picked up a Mossberg MVP Scout in .308. Total impulse buy. It was my buddy's last day on the job at our local Stock and Field store. He was working the gun counter and I was in there getting a 5 gallon bucket of transdraulic oil for my leaky tractor. I saw him and I had to go give him shit. "I thought you quit this fucking job!" He said "Today is my last day. You ever seen one of these before?" And he pulled out the MVP. I looked it over. It looked at me with those sad eyes. I figured it had better come home with me. My buddy said "I'm not supposed to do this but we do price-matching here." He got out his phone and went digging online. He saved me a chunk of money. I got it for $475 I think.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Re: New boom-stick!!

Postby Daniel Banting » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:32 am

Have fun with the new gun. Good to see your name in lights.

Best regards,
Dan
Daniel Banting

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:41 pm

Thanks. I was trying to post pics yesterday but it wasn't liking me.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby BEN MAHER » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:45 am

I’d love one of those ... seriously
BEN MAHER

Postby Stykshooter » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:38 pm

I think you'll like that Scout.

I recently picked up a new deer "Rifle" myself. I'm a huge fan of the 10mm and did my firearms deer hunting last year with a Ruger SR 1911 in 10mm. Field testing on deer... the 10mm Works!

I picked up a Glock G-40 MOS and installed a Vortex Venom 3 M.O.A. red dot on top and a 3 pound Ghost trigger. It absolutely loves the SigSauer 180 grain V-Crown 10mm ammo! I shot a 3" group with it off of a rest at 50 yards and was toppling 8" steel plates at 75-80 yards. It really does qualify as a deer rifle!

40-2.jpg
40-2.jpg (115.82 KiB) Viewed 9 times
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery