Skip to content

Something pretty cool

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Something pretty cool

Postby Stykshooter » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:03 am

A couple of the guys from the Professional Bowhunters Society are planning on replicating Fred Bear and Glenn St. Charles' Little Delta hunt in Alaska this fall to celebrate the 60th anniversary of that hunt. The cool things is that they are doing it with all period correct equipment... 1959 Kodiaks, old school camo, arrows that are built to match the ones Fred carried, etc. It is about the coolest hunt that I could imagine. You can hear about it in a podcast on Stickbow Chronicles. The podcast itself is very interesting, going into all of the planning for the trip.

Anyway, I listened to the podcast and heard that Bryan has an original, period correct Fred Bear knife and file kit that he is going to take. These things are pretty scarce and pricey when you do find them. Well, I reached out to Jim and he doesn't have one... but I do. I am sending him my kit for him to take and process his moose with just like Fred. I don't get to go on this very cool hunt, but at least my knife does!
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Re: Something pretty cool

Postby Daniel Banting » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:50 am

Hello Randy:

Hope this finds you well and in good spirits and health. I did send you a PM when I re-joined PBS but I guess it got lost in the ether. I had heard/read about the Delta reenactment and you are right that is just awesome. That is about as close to hallowed ground as you can get. Also got to be right up there that you have a piece of equipment tagging along for the trip.

Best regards,
Dan
Daniel Banting

Postby Yohon » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:06 pm

I still think that since you loaned them the knife they should at least let you tag along....not like Bryan doesnt have the $$ being all retired and all :lol:

I hope if they use it on a moose they leave it all bloody for ya!!!!
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby PAarcher » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:19 pm

I listened to that podcast. That is going to be an epic hunt! That is so cool that your knife is going to get used on that trip. You know, I know this guy who writes for several magazines.... they should probably have someone there to document the hunt in writing!
PAarcher

Postby Stykshooter » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:01 pm

The boys are back, and it sounds like they got my knife bloody. You can listen to the story on The Stickbow Chronicles... "The Tribute Hunt, Commemorating the 59' Little Delta Hunt"
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:16 am

"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Yohon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:22 pm

I happen to listen to that pod cast this AM going huntin......fired me right up....think I'll go to the PBS banquet just to hear all about that hunt in person!!!
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery