Skip to content

Baltimore 2018

This is a general discussion forum where any archery related topics are welcome.

Re: Baltimore 2018

Postby Stykshooter » Sun May 06, 2018 12:53 pm

A couple of bottles? Might have to sell your truck.

Reminds me... I was at the P.B.S. banquet in Madison a couple months back. One of the guys bought me a shot at the bar. After he left I got to thinking that was some pretty good stuff so ordered another shot. The bartender said that will be $58.00. WTH??? I just wanted a shot, not a whole bottle. Turned out it was some single malt Macallums. But, it was pretty damn good! ;)
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Yohon » Fri May 11, 2018 4:59 am

Cloudy and rain chances everyday........typical :evil:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby superkodiak38 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:02 pm

If TSA lets them board and de-plane I will be picking up the Delegates from Wisconsin Thursday morning and should be there by noon. The turkey season has been a flop and not in a good way, I'll do a pork butt neck roast combo pulled along with a roast or two on the smoker. Bring some tortillas and onions, peppers, sour cream etc. for carnitas and some sides like tater salad. Probably have a cooler or two and my bow ;)
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby PAarcher » Tue May 15, 2018 2:59 am

I'll see you boys there on Thursday. I'll be heading home Friday afternoon to deal with some obligations here, but it will be better than nothing.
PAarcher

Postby Yohon » Tue May 15, 2018 4:15 am

I dont think the weather prediction could be much worse...... :evil:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Stykshooter » Tue May 15, 2018 8:47 am

Yeah, I just pulled up the forecast. Showers are one thing but it looks like 100% of a steady downpour all weekend. Trying to decide what I'm gonna do... the whole weekend trip, one night or just an up and back day trip.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Stykshooter » Mon May 21, 2018 5:41 am

Yeah.... it was wet! But I had a great time besides. Lots of good friends, good food, good alcoholic beverages. Looking forward to next year!
Stykshooter

Postby Stykshooter » Mon May 21, 2018 5:41 am

Yeah.... it was wet! But I had a great time besides. Lots of good friends, good food, good alcoholic beverages. Looking forward to next year!
Stykshooter

Postby superkodiak38 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:50 am

I picked up Marc and Aaron at BWI, in the rain, and of course their party had already started before they left Wisconsin. We got into camp and got set up, in the rain. We drank, ate, shot bows, bought bows, talked bows and hunting, in the rain. Randy drove 7 hours to feed us, drink a few, spend a night in camp and head home without shooting a course because it's not about shooting, that's just icing, the substance is time spent together, camp fires and making plans for future hunts and remembering those that have left us for a more ethereal realm. Jersey Joe made the trip for the first time in a while and it was great to see him again. I really enjoy listening to Joe and Randy tell the tales of their exploits and seeing the twinkle in their eye that you get when you talk about stuff that really means something, or when you are telling a story about how you did stupid stuff and survived :D
Scaled down camp
Randy being Randy
We did get to shoot bit
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby superkodiak38 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:02 am

We tried to convince Randy he needed this but he stood strong, not sure he won't order it later 8-)

One more of Randy's work, Marc and Randy both contributed to the pork feed

Can't wait to do it again, thanks to everyone who came and those of you that couldn't make it this time you were missed.

We had a young lady visit camp late Saturday night, she is from the shore and knew Burgess, yes she bowhunts !, she brought a bottle of TC's favorite tequila and left it for us. We didn't realize this until Sunday morning. I have the bottle, still unopened and will bring it next year so get your ass there and do a shot in memory of Top Camp !
superkodiak38

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Everything archery