Skip to content

Uploading Photos

A Place to Post Your Collectable Bows, Archery and Hunting Equipment

Uploading Photos

Postby JimMoore » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:40 am

Well this is my first post on this site from a long time lurker, first time caller type of thing. Had a visit from Aromakr the other day and took some pics of some bows I had stashed. One is completely magnesium some 50 or 60 years old I'd imagine. Another is a prototype shoot-through designed and built by Bob Stotler.

Question: I would like to upload some photos but when I do, they don't appear in the preview. Any help? I see in the FAQ's that I may need permission to do so.

Thanks.
JimMoore

Re: Uploading Photos

Postby Jett » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:01 am

I'm about to the worst guy for advice in this area, but mine don't always show up in the preview; just go for it & see if it works. Hope it does - I really wanna see what ya' got.
"Plungers are for toilets." - Hank
Jett

Postby cst » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:15 am

I'm not intending to be a smart ass here, how fast is your Internet connection? Everything in a post should always appear in a preview. If you have a slow connection, everything bt he pics will load prey quickly with a sometimes significant lag before the pics show.
How are you loading pics? Straight up from your machine or via an image hosting service? I've had good luck with both, I happen to like photobucket best, as they are easy to work with, the whole pic shows and they are free.
cst

Postby cst » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:21 am

Can't have a thread about pictures with no pictures
cst

Postby JimMoore » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:48 am

Well, I uploaded my avatar using photobucket, but I tried the "upload attachment" function on the bottom of the page we are typing in.

I don't see a preview pic and it does take a long time for the post to "complete" for lack of a better term.

I will try it when I get home tonight and if that doesn't work, I'll give photobucket a try.

CST, how did you load that pic, for instance?
JimMoore

Postby BK in TEXAS » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:42 am

JimMoore wrote:
I will try it when I get home tonight and if that doesn't work, I'll give photobucket a try.

CST, how did you load that pic, for instance?

If you got your pics in photobucket, you're in business. Just hover over the image (in photobucket) and copy the code that pops up labeled IMG Code then just paste it into your post.
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby JimMoore » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:31 am

Thanks for the help, guys. Results of your advice is now on the "Monsters of Metal" thread.
JimMoore

Return to Board index

Return to Collectors Forum