Skip to content

Prouty...anyone know the story?

A Place to Post Your Collectable Bows, Archery and Hunting Equipment

Re: Prouty...anyone know the story?

Postby Howattman » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:43 pm

WOW!!!

There's a LOT of early bowhunting history there. "Pop" Prouty, Kore Duryee, Roy Case...... :o :shock:
Resident Howattologist
Pirate Poet Laureate/Hardcore Defective

"Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair or f**king beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man—and give some back.”

Howattman

Postby rwsbow » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Like Howattman said...that's like a "Who's Who" of archery...even Russ Hoogerhyde...
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby KODIAK » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:47 pm

So their buyin' the signatures more than the bow I guess.

I'm not real up to speed on the early archery history stuff and the $500+ bids surprised me some. I don't think the seller knew either. :P
KODIAK

Postby Howattman » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:06 pm

I'll tell you what....If a certain Mr. Howatt was one of the signatories of that bow, you can bet your ass I'd be chasing it. ;)
Resident Howattologist
Pirate Poet Laureate/Hardcore Defective

"Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair or f**king beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man—and give some back.”

Howattman

Postby Stykshooter » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:45 pm

I have heard that back in the early days at some of the big shoots, state shoots and nationals, it was popular for awhile to have a bow made up and have all of the participants sign it. It was then awarded as one of the prizes to the winner. If it is legit, this may be something like that.

A friend of mine went to the P.B.S. raffle in Baltimore about 10 years ago with me. He ended up winning the special bow that Don Assenheimer made for the banquet. As he was toting it around he picked up a sharpie and had a bunch of the bigger naems sign it, both of the Wensels, E. Donnel Thomas, Assemheimer, Monty Browing, etc. I imagine that bow will be pretty valuable one day.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby angelstaff » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:13 pm

that are special to reach the bow end of the auction price (which signed the bow, the manufacturer provides "that story?, it seems an excessive price, is Brazilian rosewood Kodiak at about 300 dollars which is the difference
Angel
angelstaff

Postby DCM » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:26 am

I read over at paleo it was a flight record bow. Might have contributed to it's price. Looks more like osage than yew to me. Dang curious how the handle is relieved for center shot.
DCM

Postby RamRod Roiter » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:46 pm

Guys I will try and get more pics of the bow.. the guy who got it lives here in Michigan..... ( or so I was told that )

Cody

Belcher Bows pro staff shooter
>>>------------> <-----------------<<<
Cody
RamRod Roiter

Return to Board index

Return to Collectors Forum