Skip to content

Bear reproduction coins

A Place to Post Your Collectable Bows, Archery and Hunting Equipment

Bear reproduction coins

Postby kurtbel5 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:01 pm

I just got my prototypes yesterday of my reproduction of late 50's early 60's Bear replacement coins, they are the flat back Bear in copper or aluminum.
I got some pics up over on TG and will post some here this W/E (I'm pic retarded). Should have my 1st run next week for sale.
If you get a second check them out and let me know what you think.
Kurt
kurtbel5

Re: Bear reproduction coins

Postby Jett » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:44 am

That's cool! I could only find the brass ones for sale at 3rivers & ebay. Are you going to do any peweter ones?
"Plungers are for toilets." - Hank
Jett

Postby KODIAK » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:32 am

I saw them on TG and am impressed. Very nice work on those and it will definately fill a niche. Original copper coins are a scarce commodity...and easily the nicest looking coin they made.
KODIAK

Postby kurtbel5 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Thanks
Pain to get to this stage, started this at Thanksgiving
I like the copper best to but
if you finish over the Silver coin, they blacken and flake, but polish that silver and put it in after you finish the riser and its a stunner

Jett
Right now its copper and aluminum, after I get those rolling, I will have the silver offered, all the same flat back Bear style.
I got ?? about which years they actually replace?

How many coins for whale/carp/ penis quiver? well some would have to be actual legal tender.
kurtbel5

Postby Jett » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:52 pm

Kurt - I promised the Big Head carp quiver to FD, but I do have a large gar about 2/3rd's complete. I'm going to try & start on them this weekend. But I'm also starting my interferon injections Saturday afternoon & the pills; I may be out if it until Monday. But if it's really bad for me after the 1st injection, I have nowhere to go but up. With each one the side effects will lessen. I told FD his will be done around mid April & I probably get the gar done in just a few days if I'm up to it.

Anyway, I'll be working on some. We'll do some dickering & batering in the meantime & I'll know a lot more after this weekend how the meds are going to affect me. Do you have any good sources for decals? Also have that rough '66 Kodiak that even I couldn't hurt, LOL!
"Plungers are for toilets." - Hank
Jett

Postby kurtbel5 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:11 am

All kidding aside, I hope the interferon and pills kick its ass, not yours.

Al Hartfords son is doing the decals , should be hearing something this week about when they will be available.

If you want to screw with the '66, do it and have fun with it.
wanna dicker?? send it down to me and I'll give it the face lift,using poly wipe on finish, for a fish quiver (new decals and coin included)

and I'm in no rush, I just keep on you, cause those quivers fkn rock.
kurtbel5

Return to Board index

Return to Collectors Forum