Skip to content

A few of my bows

A Place to Post Your Collectable Bows, Archery and Hunting Equipment

Re: A few of my bows

Postby dkard » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:58 pm

Stringing the Horse Bow is a pain, I can get so close but I can't quite reach to hook the loop. Even tried it with two people and couldn't get it strung. It hasn't been shot yet. :(. I need to make a double loop stringer for it. I have it in the collection for the style more than the shooting of it. I got a heck of a deal on it, probably because the guy couldn't string it either. :)

I have a Kaya 48" Horsebow carbon and fiberglass and that is a blast. If you like short bows that is the sweetest thing, It weighs 11 oz. and is 45#. Shoots an arrow right quick too. Smooth out to 30".

dave
dkard

Re: A few of my bows

Postby Jett » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:26 pm

I'm short, my draw is short & I like short bows; no problem there! They do look fun to shoot. And I've seen some awesome exhibition shooting with them from horseback. I've heard they can be a bugger to string. I've got a vintage contraption for stringing bows, it's really simple & you could build one easily. I'll get some pics later & post them later (camera's on an outing at the moment). The thing works & would probably allow you to string the horsebow easily. Or, at least, by yourself, LOL!
"Plungers are for toilets." - Hank
Jett

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Collectors Forum