Skip to content

just found the forum...

A Place to Post Your Collectable Bows, Archery and Hunting Equipment

just found the forum...

Postby Dick in Seattle » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:59 pm

OK... thanks for the invite and heads up... I have had an extensive collection of Hills... all of the Specials and about 40 some others... They still come and go a little bit, though most of the collection moved on when I could no longer pull them. Those I have left are all low draw weight.

I also have had some Super Kodiaks and still have a number of Bear Kodiak TD's... several of those are being prepped to move on.

A bow i have that I'm interested in learning more about is a Martin Hi-Speed 3 piece TD. I was told that it was a Howatt design? Don't know anything about the bow really, except that it's a light weight sweety... 35@28. It's another that will move on, but I've held onto it for awhile just because it is so nice.

I suspect my collecting days are largely over, since I started building... That's about all I can seem to get my mind around any more... :^)
Dick in Seattle

"The shop door is open, the coffee is on..."
Dick in Seattle

Re: just found the forum...

Postby Jett » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:45 pm

You still have it stored up here (finger pointing to forehead) and you can give us a heads up when you're ready to part company with any of your collection.

BTW - I really liked the shooting machine you concocted; I'm statring on a rudimentary veritcal one.

Glad to have you, Cap'n! Welcome aboard!
"Plungers are for toilets." - Hank
Jett

Postby Dick in Seattle » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:33 pm

re the shooting machine... stay tuned... I found a much better clamp when I was up at Grizzly last Tuesday... a modified vice grip pliers that clamps downward to a bench top... should work great. I'll add it to the page when I get it fitted.
Dick in Seattle

"The shop door is open, the coffee is on..."
Dick in Seattle

Postby Jett » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:42 pm

I'll keep an eye out for it.
"Plungers are for toilets." - Hank
Jett

Return to Board index

Return to Collectors Forum