Skip to content

Ask and ye shall receive!

A Place to Post Your Collectable Bows, Archery and Hunting Equipment

Re: Ask and ye shall receive!

Postby kbel5 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Mint green??
on my '63 Bear Grizzly, thats Jacuzzi green, its truly hideous.
Kurt
kbel5

Postby KODIAK » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:57 pm

kbel5 wrote:Mint green??
on my '63 Bear Grizzly, thats Jacuzzi green, its truly hideous.
Kurt

Thats a bad color alright but I love the looks of those '63 dogleg Grizzlies. Pretty rare bow too. I almost never see them on Ebay. I bet it's a shooter too.
KODIAK

Postby Jett » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:10 pm

There's been a few 63's lately, a Kodiak went really cheap, under $70.00, I think. A couple of others went fairly cheap too. Of course it's a buyers' market when I can't afford to buy, LOL!
"Plungers are for toilets." - Hank
Jett

Postby KODIAK » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:27 pm

The Bear market is really screwed up right now. Some go too high, most go too low. An example would be the insane prices($600+)of some '65 Kodiaks of late. Two or three guys were responsible for that mess. Crazy. But all in all it's still a buyers market imo, especially in some of the lesser desireable non-Kodiak models.
KODIAK

Postby Jett » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:46 pm

You're right! A couple three yahoos really keep the prices inflated & the novice speculators pumped. There's a few of those guys I'd like to see disappear from the 'bay! The shipping rapes really piss me off too. I'm thinking of submitting a price guide for shipping costs. Once in a while though those costs are justified - though stupid - a guy once sent me a bow in new hard side gun case! It's a real chore working through all the ignorance, greed & stupidity but occassionally it's worth it.
Jett

Postby kbel5 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:17 pm

My '63 dogleg is 55#,is very clean, it truly smokes an arrow.
Right there with the 60# Kodiak.
The riser is gigantic though,
Make Howattmans calender girls, look tiny.
and the limbs, oh my God, their ugly.
Wonder where he got the left over glass, bathtubs?

The bay is messed up, I bought Bears a few years ago and will buy more, just will not pay a premium.
I am enjoying buying beaters and restoring them, so I'm sticking to trades and the garage sale/craigslist bows right now.

It is a buyers market, I just think as soon as people do a search and see that a '59 Kodiak is going for $700+, they think their Cub,Grizzly,etc. is worth that to.

I keep going back and forth with my '62 60# Kodiak, it's not going out with me anytime soon, but unless those three knuckle heads drive the price up, I don't want to give it away on the bay.

Guess I'm like everyone else,want a deal, just don't want to get bent over, getting it.

Some of the guys that have been shooting, since these bows were new, have a much different perspective.
kbel5

Postby Jett » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:06 pm

kbel - Yeah, I hear all that! The guys on there that really get my goat are the A-holes who claim they're selling their own private collection and the listed bow(s) are ones they out bid you on the week before, LOL! They always have a good line of BS too, "I took many deer with this bow, bought it new & blah, blah, blah!
Jett

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Collectors Forum