Skip to content

Ask and ye shall receive!

A Place to Post Your Collectable Bows, Archery and Hunting Equipment

Ask and ye shall receive!

Postby PAarcher » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:48 am

Ok Jipp and Howattman, fill this damn place up! Someone go get George Stoudt and see if he'd like to contribute. He's got some neat stuff!
PAarcher

Re: Ask and ye shall receive!

Postby Bill Grenoble » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:05 am

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.p ... 4;t=001768

This is the History/collectors site on Trad Gang where my Bear Tamerlane is shown. A friend of mine shot this bow when we shot field archery in the early 60s-70s. He brought it to me a couple years ago and said, if you can fix it, keep it, or pitch it for firewood, the riser is all unglued. It hung on my rack until last month I stumbled across the Collector site on Trad Gang with the help of Kurt (kbel5). Then Don Ward ( Bowdoc ) and I emailed back and forth about fixing this bow. The only way to find out if it could be fixed, was to waste $20 and send it to him. He took pictures and put it on the TG History/Collectors site under " Now this is a crack", about page 2. He has clamps and fittings made to put Tamerlane risers back together by injecting with Loctite #420 , and clamping. I sent him his fee, and will hopefully have a shootable bow in a few months. Kurt ( kbel5 on here) put me wise to Bowdoc for the repair, and has been a big help. I also have a few of my old recurves from the 60s, which I can & do shoot, as well as a few Ben Pearson bows I shoot. I love old bows. Bill
Bill Grenoble

Postby oscar » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:24 am

I'm not a collector but love reading this stuff especially about the older Bears. I do have an old mag handled takedown and 70's vintage Kodiak Hunter.
There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation.
oscar

Postby Howattman » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:39 am

PAarcher wrote:Ok Jipp and Howattman, fill this damn place up! Someone go get George Stoudt and see if he'd like to contribute. He's got some neat stuff!

I won't be doing much today except drinking my IC and eating knock-off Primanti Bros. sandwiches, but I've go a few things in mind for this forum..... ;)
Resident Howattologist
Pirate Poet Laureate/Hardcore Defective

"Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair or f**king beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man—and give some back.”

Howattman

Postby Hornseeker » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:38 am

Mr. Howattman... Last night I shot...and enjoyed it... an old Howatt...I can get more info..but the most distinctive characteristic...and most haneous characteristic...was that the glass was mint green?? Hideous.

Any Ideas, or is that way too little info.

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby stiknstring » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:17 am

OH MY GOD....that was a bad color wasnt it....kind of like a mint that had already been sucked on at a wedding....ewwwwwww
stiknstring

Postby Hornseeker » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:42 pm

:shock:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby jwillis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Yeah, that minty green is the same color as the yucky Bianchi bicycles. Jim
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (3.5 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Howattman » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:00 pm

Well, that kinda narrows it down a LITTLE......minty green glass, huh? Well, that puts it between 1955 and 1964ish. As far as a model, ya gotta gimme more info!!! :lol:
Resident Howattologist
Pirate Poet Laureate/Hardcore Defective

"Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair or f**king beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man—and give some back.”

Howattman

Postby Jett » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:47 pm

I have a Bear with that light mint green on the back - really bad! Can't think of what model that is right now.
"Plungers are for toilets." - Hank
Jett

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Collectors Forum