Skip to content

Bear Take downs...

A Place to Post Your Collectable Bows, Archery and Hunting Equipment

Re: Bear Take downs...

Postby 4nolz » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:33 am

what does the routered sight window mean on the original red stripe wood handles? less valuable?
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby rwsbow » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:37 am

Yohon...what is the poundage on yours?...all great looking bows !
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Stykshooter » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:05 pm

what does the routered sight window mean on the original red stripe wood handles? less valuable?

?????? I have two of the original red stripe risers in my lap right now. I don't understand what you are talking about. Sight window looks the same as my Bubinga riser and older risers.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Stykshooter » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:08 pm

Great looking package there!

Wife tells me I gotta get red arrows to match the bow.....the yellow is a "faux pah" :lol:

Compromise... Some of the prettiest arrows I have made had yellow dip and then red barred cock feather with two natural barred hen feathers. Red, black and gold cresting.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby 4nolz » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:31 pm

I have seen A's B's and C's with routered out grips and sight windows-I "thought" they were later versions/type II's but the one in this photo is a type I by serial #.NOT MY PHOTO.I downloaded it off TG.

4nolz

Postby Stykshooter » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:35 pm

I see what you are talking about now. I have seen that before but none of the risers that I have here have the routered sight window on them, and my diamondwood "B" riser is one of the very first to leave the factory once they started producing them.

Almost looks like an afterthought to make the riser more center shot. It looks as if that "C" riser has a bushing for a plunger. They may have taken the riser in further to allow room for it to be adjusted.
Stykshooter

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:39 pm

The only Bear risers I've seen that were factory routered were C's. You sure the ones you saw were done from the factory? My Type I, C look just like the one in your pic.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby 4nolz » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:22 pm

Well I thought so but not so sure now
4nolz

Postby Yohon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:58 pm

Hows it going Roger??? :D 43 lbs on the takedown.
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby rwsbow » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:02 pm

I got rid of an A mag model..56", 45#..and it put out a damn good arrow...I still got a C mag riser..68, 37#...that is a real good target shooter...

But them wood ones sure got some sexy curves !!!!!

Doing good, John...as long as I wake up in the morning.. every morning..I'm a happy camper ! :D
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Collectors Forum