Skip to content

Bear Take downs...

A Place to Post Your Collectable Bows, Archery and Hunting Equipment

Re: Bear Take downs...

Postby lostaro » Sun May 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Last time I listened to Stykshooter he was pushing longbows......glad I didn't pay attention to him. I was already fixin' to buy 3 of the dang things anyway. :oops:
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby Stykshooter » Sun May 26, 2013 6:40 pm

Still pimping the longbows. You wanna buy some tickets for the raffle Tembo?
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby lostaro » Mon May 27, 2013 7:59 am

Yeah, I'll need a few tickets for that one....if I win that raffle I know I could turn that into cash pretty quick. I know a dude that wants a 100lb Hill pretty bad! ;)
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Mon May 27, 2013 7:50 pm

Hey Will, put next year's Baltimore shoot on your schedule. Was hoping to see you this year.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Postby BEN MAHER » Tue May 28, 2013 7:57 pm

I have an uber hankering for one of the 59's ...
I may even drop the coin but I think I have to buy through a dealer to get it over here ... either way I love the look of them eh !

If you lads knew what you could buy vintage Bears for over here 10 years ago ........ :o for a quick meal and two beers equivalent you could have bought some very very nice gear .........
BEN MAHER

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Tue May 28, 2013 8:17 pm

BEN MAHER wrote:I have an uber hankering for one of the 59's ............

Me too, Ben, but I keep hoping they'll make it in a 64" model.

My first "real" bow was a Bear T/D w/Mag handle. I owned several of them over the years, and several green-stripes too. Kilt lots of critters with them. :) All this talk about them has brought back a lot of memories, and peaked my interest too--darn it.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby BEN MAHER » Tue May 28, 2013 8:38 pm

64" would be sweet and smooth eh Jim ...

I'll start looking around for a lefty in stock I reckon ...

45# will do nicely ...
BEN MAHER

Postby Stykshooter » Tue May 28, 2013 8:43 pm

Jim,

At the risk of my being further labeled a Bear shill :o , if you haven't handled and shot one of the new Bubinga or solid maple takedowns, you owe it to your self to play with one some. Chronographing some of the old style with clunky limb tips against my new ones with the svelte limb tips.... there is no comparison and the new limbs give up very little if anything to most any limb out there.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Tue May 28, 2013 8:57 pm

Go ahead... keep it up....... you rascal. :lol:

We're having our state Compass shoot this weekend. All the state clubs get together and compete against each other. Everyone shoots for their club, and the top five shooters in each club have their scores entered. It's a great time to get to see all the guys, and great shoot too. Maybe someone there will have one I can look over.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Stykshooter » Tue May 28, 2013 10:07 pm

I'm kind of surprised that you would be interested in another new bow so soon Jim.... don't you have one of them Voodoos on the way? ;)
Stykshooter

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Collectors Forum