Skip to content

Kodiak Magnum

A Place to Post Your Collectable Bows, Archery and Hunting Equipment

Re: Kodiak Magnum

Postby Jett » Wed May 19, 2010 9:10 am

Anybody got pics of all three types side by side? It would really be instructive & interesting to see the evolution of the types. Whatever its shortcomings, the dogleg lead to the redesign that produced the awesome 64's!

And thanks for your very informative post, Raineman.
"Plungers are for toilets." - Hank
Jett

Postby kcbrown » Wed May 19, 2010 9:55 am

Your right BK. They did all the heavy work, since we are talking about it is there any information on just how many of these bows were made?
kcbrown

Postby George D. Stout » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:46 am

The first quality recurve bow I ever shot was a 1962 Kodiak Magnum owned by an acquaintance who got me into bowhunting. I couldn't afford a KM back then so ended up with a Bear Alaskan. I recently found this one on Ebay for an opening bid that was under $50.00. The seller only had a few photos and one was a hole in the belly of the sight window that was put there for an arrow holder. The bow has zero stress and was probably on used a year or two since there is no horizontal checking either.
I'm working on closing the little hole and cleaning it up, but it's a nice 62. It does have the star imprinted over the serial number so I'm told that represents a bow that was refinished at the factory. Don't know that for sure to be a fact, but that is the information available. Click on photo for slide show.

George D. Stout

Postby 4nolz » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:51 am

the first "new" KM is in the spray booth at Bear Archery now-green actionwood riser,green glass smaller tips-should be really neat! green and white FF tips.
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Collectors Forum