Skip to content

'08 Fall Big Game pictorial

Feel free to post your hunting pictures from years gone by.

Re: '08 Fall Big Game pictorial

Postby Manyletters » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:51 am

My son, buddy and I went out for the first day of rifle season in the zone we hunt in....buddy and I had cow elk tags and my son, Ben age 13 had a bull tag. Ben shot his first deer last year with the rifle when he was just legal to hunt. He has had chances with the bow but just like his Dad has missed. This year we have been seeing lots but you know the usual...too far, wrong trail, etc. etc.

Yesterday, we went out at first light in behind our camp and walked over to an area where we had seen elk, moose and whitetails. My buddy posted himself over a cutline where he could see a ways and just when we got to him he suddenly motioned to head to the upper field and mouthed word "elk"

We literally ran up this cart trail about a hundred yards up to the upper field which is 80 acres of alfalfa...a hot spot for elk and deer. We no sooner got there when elk appeared at the near corner to our right and started running across the field. Being that I only had a cow tag, I was concentrating on the cows which were bunched up running at a couple hundred yards....I proceeded to miss 4 times with my 7mm Mag at single cows...I had told Ben to take his time as there were some young bulls with the cows and he only could shoot one that had 3 points or better. Iwas busy fumbling for more bullets when this 5 point bull ran out and stopped...I told Ben to take him...BOOM...this bull jumps about 5 feet in the air and runs about 50 yards into the field following the cows and piles up, doing the chicken. A heart shot at 200 yards with his 7mm-08...he has got braggin rights over his Dad, brothers and a whole lot of others.

Manyletters

Postby topcamp » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:26 pm

well........i'll bet you've made a hunter out of him for life......awesome........
the more we know about the " how " and the " why " of..........the less we see and notice about the " now " of the " when "...
_tc...on the inflation of life

on that day.......you wake up and never more what was .......will ever be again.
_tc on growing old
topcamp

Postby Gino Bruno » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:30 pm

that smile says it all!!! congrats to him!!
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby David Randall » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:23 am

My first with a longbow Maddog boo/osage 53#@28" 125 grain Ace Head!
Attachments
mdbuck-1.jpg
mdbuck-1.jpg (62.54 KiB) Viewed 4963 times
David Randall

Postby David Randall » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:26 am

One with the 50 Cal.
Attachments
muzzledbuck-1.jpg
muzzledbuck-1.jpg (42.52 KiB) Viewed 4960 times
David Randall

Postby mike robin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:30 am

spring-'08
chicks dig me
mike robin

Postby mike robin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:32 am

november-'08
chicks dig me
mike robin

Postby Jumper » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:32 am

Very nice animals guys! Looks like a lot of freezers are going to be full this winter :D
With God, all things are possible.
Jumper

Postby Manyletters » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:33 am

Scott...next time you are in Calgary...give me a holler and I'll cook you up an elk steak!! :D
Manyletters

Postby Arwin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:45 pm

I have to post my season so far. A few weeks left for deer and on to bow hunting for small game. 8-) All deer were taken with a 50# RER longbow, cedar arrows, Snuffer 160's and ASAT. This years buck is my best yet and off public land.

Arwin

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Past Hunting Season Photos