Skip to content

'08 Fall Big Game pictorial

Feel free to post your hunting pictures from years gone by.

'08 Fall Big Game pictorial

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:03 pm

i figured that since many states are starting to get their bow seasons underway, we'd make a thread to post pics of your kills. since this is the main forum, i figured we would put this thread here instead of the bowhunting forum and make it a sticky till the end of bow seasons. having said that, feel free to post you gun or muzzleloader pics as well. all fall harvest pics are welcome here.

good luck everyone!!!!!!
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Re: '08 Fall Big Game pictorial

Postby Yohon » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:42 am

Delaware, September 1st.
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby oscar » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:24 am

Here's the doe the coyotes chewed on.
Entrance hole, after the coyotes got done with it you could have dropped a tennis ball in it.
Exit hole. I found almost no blood from this deer.
The real oscar (my name is Steve, btw). This is pretty typical of how coyotes get after dead deer. Usually start around the asshole and go from there. Ate from the inner thighs to the hide up to the guts.
There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation.
oscar

Postby Yohon » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:25 am

Took this big doe in MD on 9-18. 15 yards with "meat stick" my Quinn Stallion ;) Used a Zephyr Sasquatch and what a swath that head made!!! I only got one lung and nicked the heart, she went a good ways but the blood trail was a piece of cake.
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby PAarcher » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:52 am

You're killin' me Yohon! I haven't even been out hunting yet and you've got 2 critters on the ground.
Good shooting my friend.
PAarcher

Postby cst » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:51 am

Nice!
cst

Postby Gino Bruno » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:23 am

awesome job buddy!!!!!!
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby marc » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:53 pm

I got a little buck last night, but I didn't get any good pics because it was so hot out. I got him safely in the freezer and I will get a pic loaded of the head. I made a terrible shot but the Whippen Stick bailed me out. I hit this buck right in the sholder joint. I am shooting 55#'s and shooting 10 grains per pound an a WW. I blew right threw the joint, got both lungs AND broke the off side leg. Ken and I both thought I was screwed when we found the arrow broken off, but shortly after we found lung blood and the deer only went about 60 ot 70 yards. So now I am doe only until I head down home and hunt by FD, where I can shoot another buck ot two if I want. I need to start eating before heading out to hunt so I wont think about how good these little buck taste. :lol:
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:46 pm

went out this morning for my first day hunting the early firearm doe season. it goes from sept 18 to the 22nd, its something new this year. anyways, had 4 deer step out in front of me, one pretty big button buck, and 3 does. i shot the biggest doe, and she fell right there at 70 yards, one of the other does just stood there and watched me reload and i took her as well, and she also dropped right there. we havent had venison in our freezer for 2 years so thats part of why i took the muzzle loader out this morning, plus the bow im building myself for bow season isnt quite finished yet so i couldnt hunt with it. oh well. i still have 2 buck tags, and 3 doe tags. :lol: come on oct 1st for bow season!

the bigger doe had no teeth except the front bottom ones. the other was prolly a yearling or last years baby.

oh and the other day, my stepmom got her first crossbow deer. she has severe muscle damage in her shoulders and neck so she cant bow hunt or gun hunt therefore we got her a crossbow for christmas.
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Gino Bruno » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:20 pm

TJ, congrats and nice shooting bud!!!!!! :D :D
Gino Bruno

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Past Hunting Season Photos