Skip to content

Doe from 1974

Feel free to post your hunting pictures from years gone by.

Doe from 1974

Postby whump » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:17 am

Whump sez; Notice the fellow standing there by the doe---that would be the Whumpster, 20 yrs old----damn does time fly. I lived in an apartment then and I would usually hang the deer up from the box tubing on the front porch and skin them out, cut um up and put them in the freezer.I bet that would cause a riot theses days. This is at my parents home hanging on a storage shed beam , I had to bring the deer to their house and show it off., probably about 11pm so I am quite sure they were very amused by the intrusion at that time of night. I shot a few deer in the afternoon back then which usually resulted in me getting them out around 8 0r 9 at night. I still have the coleman lantern I used back then and it still works well.
Attachments
old timer doe pic.jpg
old timer doe pic.jpg (17.12 KiB) Viewed 2944 times
I have climbed and clawed from the pits of merciless persecution and suffered the tortures of the damned ,only to be thrust head first into what can be best described as organized confusion.
whump

Re: Doe from 1974

Postby Yohon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:46 am

:D :D :D How did we ever kill anything with that cheap no name camo 8-)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Mann » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Hey I saved all summer. Either in 74 or 75 to get a set of that Ranger reversable camo.I think it was $36.00 for the 2 piece set. I probably shouldn't laugh, cause I probably still have it in a drawer somewhere :o :lol: :lol:
Mann

Postby whump » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:26 am

In the 60,s and 70,s that pattern was about all there was except maybe some tiger stripe and I never saw Tiger stripe in an army surplus store. Most hunting gear came from army surplus in those days or "Gander Mountain outdoors."
I have climbed and clawed from the pits of merciless persecution and suffered the tortures of the damned ,only to be thrust head first into what can be best described as organized confusion.
whump

Postby whump » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:15 am

Here's one hanging from the apartment beam . I apparently fooled this one with plain army green wool . As an after thought ,that plains Indian style quiver I made from a pants leg would be from the pants I have on in this pic. I was going thru a bag of clothes in the attic one day and came across these old clothes I had hunted in back in the 70,s so I made that quiver from the parts the moths refused to eat.The storage pocket on the quiver is from the shirt I had on. This would also be around 74 or 75 .
Attachments
army wool.jpg
army wool.jpg (24.12 KiB) Viewed 2910 times
whump

Postby whump » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:33 am

18lb gobbler killed during a fall turkey season . I was handgun hunting for deer at the time but this gobbler showed and I turned him a flip with a 41mag S&W 4" . I had also shaved my head just for the hell of it ----I have no idea why I did that but it cut way down on shampoo and hair drying for a while. I handgun hunted for several years and other than driving the neighbors crazy shooting about 300rnds a week in the back yard , it was a lot less trouble than bow hunting but not nearly as satisfying after the shot.
Attachments
hand gun kill.jpg
hand gun kill.jpg (24.79 KiB) Viewed 2910 times
whump

Postby lostaro » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Cool pics! Equally cool S&W!
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Return to Board index

Return to Past Hunting Season Photos